Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi All

Serathor

Hi Everybody

I have just bought myself, a new (to me) Titanium X Sport 2.2d Mondeo ('62)

1st thing.. What a car!!! It truly is outstanding.

I used to own a Vauxhall Vectra ('06) , but it needed some work doing to it and I fancied a change. I looked at the Insignia, but it does not really do it for me. What also swung it is the range topping Insignia does not have half of what this car has.

I've only had it a few weeks, despite reading the owners manual from cover, to cover (even before I bought the car) please expect a barrage of questions as time goes on ;)

We also own a Titanium X Focus ('12) which we have had from new, again a lovely car to drive.

post-55086-0-17559800-1402600033_thumb.j

post-55086-0-29488600-1402600035_thumb.j

Hi welcome :)
  • Like 1

Hi and welcome i gotta say u jammy #|~<r very nice car looks 👍 well jelouse of you tbh

• Like 1

Welcome to the family Stephen! Another Vauxhall convert come to the mondeo side! were doing good!

It truely is an awesome car, I dont have the Titanium or sporty 2.2 engine but I love it!

• Like 1

Thanks all :-)

Glad to meet another VX Convert James. This is my technicaly 1st Ford so it appears I have defected to the 'dark side'.

I loved my Vectra but it was due a round of expensive servicing and MOT And even though I have replaced all the suspension components at some point. Every mot time there is something up with some part of it.

I seriously considered a Insignia but it does not do any thing for me. So, as we already own a Mk4 Focus. I decided to have a look at one of these.

Walked away from one. The dealer had run it dry (by "moving it around the lot") and damaged the injectors it sounded like a tractor. Even though they were going to sort it. I wasnt going to part with my hard earned to a dealer who does not know how to look after it.

"What idiot ran it dry!? Page 1 in the book of running a diesel never run it dry" I retorted as I walked out.

Anyway saw this one took it out I knew I had to have it. So the deal was done.

Good result!

Fortunately I have never owned a Vauxhall, perhaps my comment can be seen that way, but we seem to have had a few other members aside yoruself who have converted lol. I have always been a Ford man (I had a fling with a Kia which was fun!) but have always been a bue oval man! there was another member (their name escapes me) who came from your sort of background, a Vectra to a mondeo - moreso where my comment was aimed!

But I agree, any diesel owner who runs it dry in that idiocy is bad enough (moreso referencing traders I suppose) but dealers doing it - you had the right comment to pass your lips as you left! I personally would have said it to their faces though :D thats just me!

• Like 1

Welcome! Nice Mondeo! :)

• Like 1

Ah I see what you mean :)

I did say exactly that to the dealer, then he started waffling on about buying a extended warranty. I told him that I was no longer interested in it and walked away :unsure: (after I told him that's no way to look after a diesel)

good on you!

How many people do they think are mugs out there though? its like "oh, you see, this one seems to be broken down, but if you buy it (and an extended warranty!) it will be perfect!

its either a really dumb ploy that no one will fall for, or brilliant, because they will pretend to knock money off the car, promise that its going to be fixed and score an additional warranty!

I think you probably caught him out though, telling him that its not the way to look after a diesel, he probably realised that he was a pratt and lost out by then :p if a Dealer cant even look after a motor they are trying to sell at over its price value, it would instill no confidence whatsoever in anyone!

Thanks all :-) Im sure I will have plenty of questions lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club