Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

3D Number Plates

footfistart

This should be in the right section. Does anyone know a trusty genuine place where I can get ROAD LEGAL 3d numbers played. Just visited the DVLA and it says that 3d is ok.

So I'm after some 3d plates not printed 3d but 3d you can actually feel as the best as I could describe it. I'm sure some of you have done this. I would imagine I'd need prove of my car ownership for use of plates ect ect.

Many thanks

Ryan

3D appearance I believe is legal but raised plates I believe are not.

As long as the plates are BSAU145D compliant (spacing, logos, font), you will be fine.

Stamped plates are legal as long as the font is substantially similar to the standard UK font (Charles Wright).

Contrary to common belief, it is Illegal to sell "show" plates therefore all plates sold in the UK must be street legal.

Anyone selling "show" plates can be prosecuted.

Check the above out on eBay.

Seems to meet all the above that Clive has mentioned

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for replies. I've seen like gel overlays best I can describe it. Are they legal as I've also seen carbon ones too. Reason why I am wanting this is one the laminated cover on the plastic plates are peeling away plus it's a nice suttle mod. Another question do the plates in general come with foam sticky pads? My plates are screwed to the bumper.

http://www.demonplates.com/

i had plates from dmb and they are spot on carbon gel and highline letters .just watch out for some muppets at mot stations with carbon cos they are not black some jobs worths seem to fail cars

This is what I'm after as described from johnnyg here a pic.

post-27911-0-71245400-1403988261_thumb.j

Only I would like to have black rather than carbon. Thanks for that I'll have a look now :)

On demon plate mate click on domed black that's what you want but not cheap about 50 quid a set

As for sticking them on go on eBay and search automotive double sided tape very strong stuff and about 10 mtrs for about 4 quid and trust me it don't come off

Brilliant I'll loom now thanks mate :) did you get pulled for it or anything at mots?

I've built the plates and they are around 43 For the pair. But a couple of things. Do they come with backing pads to stick them to the bumpers? And the letters come separately? Just abit confused are the plates flat or the letters are pressed out?

No mate they will come ready made to put on never got pulled but got knocked once on mot but I had carbon and they said letters had to be black so you should be Ok

Make sure you order pressed metal plates and that they include the BS marking and they should be fine.

Right and can I get the pressed ones from the same site? Yeah I'd rather the black ones over carbon as I don't want too much attention to cops or tea-leaves. At the bottom of the plates does it have to have the company name or anything of the sort or can it just be registration and that's it?

They have to have maker and makers postcode and the bs number for them to be legal mate. Some make it small and some use is as a way of advertising