Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

K & N Filters.

George. 1991

Hello all...

Been reading about K & N Filters from one of my Top Gear's monthly magazine and read more about it on the internet about a month or so ago and want to be keen on buying one for my car...

Can anyone find out for me if I need to contact my car insurance about fitting one...? I'm guessing more likely I that they'll say that I'll be modifying my vehicle...!?

Thanks...

yes

You should contact them as they have it as a specific modification on the possible lists.

Okay. Thanks for the info James. :)

No problem at all

:-)

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Hello all...

Been reading about K & N Filters from one of my Top Gear's monthly magazine and read more about it on the internet about a month or so ago and want to be keen on buying one for my car...

Can anyone find out for me if I need to contact my car insurance about fitting one...? I'm guessing more likely I that they'll say that I'll be modifying my vehicle...!?

Thanks...

Hi,

Yes you will need to notify your insurer if you fit this. If you have any issue with your insurance though please feel free to prop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

A long lime ago i believe K&N used to claim changing the air filter element (a panel filter) did not affect your insurance because it was a replaceable/ consumable part - there may still be references to this online/ on other forums

I seriously cannot believe changing your air filter has to be declared to insurance it's not line it's a full induction kit and makes very little difference despite what we all think

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I seriously cannot believe changing your air filter has to be declared to insurance it's not line it's a full induction kit and makes very little difference despite what we all think

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

If you put LED Bulbs in quite a few insurance companies ask you to declare it as 'sports lighting' :lol:

That is taking things too far.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

A long lime ago i believe K&N used to claim changing the air filter element (a panel filter) did not affect your insurance because it was a replaceable/ consumable part - there may still be references to this online/ on other forums

I'll try and find some info on the K&N Web site or what's best to read up about it if I don't have to tell my insurance company...?

I have to declare sports lighting when I had the extra footwell lighting, now I have to declare led lights with Adrian Flux, but the uprated air intake can improve bhp ratings, as such this is why you need to inform the insurer

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

If it's sold as a replacement filter, then that's what it is a 'replacement' filter. It doesn't affect warranty either.

Induction kits are different, and should be declared.

I notified Adrian Flux about replacement filters on other vehicles I've owned, and they weren't bothered.

Sent from under the bonnet

Ive declared mine didnt cost me anything either, probably wouldnt bother if it cost though...do i have to declare uprated spark plugs too? I agree with the replacement part argument tbh

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

As everybody else has said you should let them know, I declared a re-map and tints recently, they didn't effect my premium at all. I was with octagon before and they do not like mods and hardly cover any. You might find some information on your insurers website also.

Spark plugs oddly wouldnt be seen as an upgrade particularly, or at least not one to impact the power of the car, the K&N Argument has always had me baffled, but this is the insurance world we play in!

Im surprised you managed to get a remap at no cost on insurance though, I asked AF recently what would happen if I got a tuning box, that would cost me £250!!!

Spark plugs oddly wouldnt be seen as an upgrade particularly, or at least not one to impact the power of the car, the K&N Argument has always had me baffled, but this is the insurance world we play in!

Im surprised you managed to get a remap at no cost on insurance though, I asked AF recently what would happen if I got a tuning box, that would cost me £250!!!

Yeah me too, had to pay a little extra when added facelift spoiler, which was strange, but no charge for the tail lights!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club