karlos1987

Possible Immobiliser Issue?

The TPS is cheap enough it's the labour costs that are ridiculous . Need to find a good mobile mechanic now, they classed the car unsafe to drive. Just hard to work out the cowboys from the decent mechanic folk

TPS being fitted Tuesday morning hopefully it should be all fixed and good to go for our week in Bognor . Tell you what can thoroughly recommend clickmechanic.com brilliant people to deal with and very honest. Think they cover most of UK so worth looking up if you need a mobile mechanic.

A true woman is always classy and never nasty <3

********* update*********

Turns out it wasn't the tps. Mechanic mis diagnosed ( very expensive mistake to make and won't be using him again) looking like it's the chip in my key needs reprogramming. Awaiting an auto locksmith as I type. So far nearly 3 weeks without a car and have spent £400 with nothing to prove for it . Hopefully a new key that's reprogrammed will do the trick.

A true woman is always classy and never nasty <3

I just had an immobiliser problem with my C-max. Engine wouldn’t turn over and the screen told me there was an immobiliser malfunction service required.

i tried a few things, switching off, locking the car, setting and unsetting the alarm. 

In the end I removed the cover on the side of the steering column and put the fob in the slot. Then I pressed the start button and the engine started ok.

problem seems to be fixed now, maybe putting the fob in the slot reprogrammed it?

hope this helps.