Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Lucky Or What?

TheRookie

Just got a letter from police that goes pretty much like this:

Dear Rod,

Your Ford Focus <numberplate> has been spotted by our traffic officers doing 49 mph in 30 mph zone.

As a driver you should know that speed kills... (blah blah blah and another 1000 words of blah).

This time we will not take any action against you but in case of a consecutive similar offence we will consider taking action against you.

Sincerely,

PC <some name>

Is this a standard practice now or am I extremely lucky?

The place I was speeding through is an uninhabited area which got 30 mph limits for some unknown reason but still...

Weird. Never heard of this but I wonder if it was some plod without the necessary equipment to register it but got your reg number to put the frighteners on?

• Like 2

Weird is exactly what I thought!

The only thing I can think of is that their camera didn't manage to take picture of the driver for some reason and therefore they couldn't prove it was me driving the car?

Basically this is a non-duty or non traffic unit. They do not have the power to enforce and will have no power to prosecute and no evidence to support it. The officer in a car behind you probably played catch up, registered the speed they were doing and sent the letter as a result...

A few years ago there was a beat bobby in a small pug (no way related to traffic). a guy I worked with at the time had a special edition Fiesta (2006) bright yellow, black and white chequered roof). She was following him as his "driving gave cause for concern". Daft begger came into the resteraunt car park and tried to show off. Did a handbrake turn into the parking space. Police woman got out, had a few words, told him he was stupid at best (she used a few colourful words I must admit). Told him that she would be reporting his number plate for "observation" and left.

A mate at my current workplace was in a bit of a hurry, he overtook on a solid chevron area, and continued his journey. Later that night (he was on night shift) got a call from his dad. Police had visited and where going to visit him again, or asked him to call them. He phoned up, pleaded ignorance, and was just advised that the officer was off duty, noticed this act and wanted to speak with him about it and to educate him. 15 minute lecture on the phone later job done.

• Like 2

I suspect that is the case, but just be on the lookout now :p

Maybe I shall invest in a police cars detector :)

wont help you when you have them in their own motor!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club