Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashbord Problems

pumpylee

Hello . I recently installed Blaupunkt Nx navi with sd card and got a facelift dashboard with the big screen ( level 3 ) on my Focus mk2 . The problem i have is that when i unlock the car the dashboard lights up the same as i turn on the headlights . Is this something normal with this dashboards ? After i lock my car for around 20 mins it stays on as it should then all goes dark so it isn't a big problem for the battery life just it's not normal to stay on . Could be a problem with the dash ? Got it second hand of course . I will soon leave in a journey about 3000 km ( 1860 miles ) and i dont want to have any problems with it . I also posted a photo so you guys can understant better what my problem is . Thanks

post-49561-0-79194500-1409851433_thumb.j

Modern dashboards do this-they are always on from when you unlock the car to shortly after you have switched off. The problem is you see people driving round in the dark with no lights on because they are used to the dash being lit only when they have turned their lights on!

No I am not 100% on yours but nearly all cars do this now - mine does. I asked once why people are so many people driving around with no lights on and was told it's because the dash lights up with the ignition where in the older cars they only came on with the lights so there is nothing to alert them to the lights not being on when it's dusk etc. So it's possible if yours is a revised dash it's the same. If it's going off a minute or so after ignition off then it would appear this is what it is.

I noticed something now and i think you might be right . The dash light up but the needles don't . Only when i turn on the headlights the needles glow red . It's like a drl but only for the driver :lol:

I have a 2.5 and twice pulled off the works car park with no lights on. Auto lights never appealed to me before, but never had an "always on" dashboard before, mine stays light for 20 minutes after locking the car too.

they stay on for up to 40 mins in fact my mates goes off after 20 mins 10 mis later its on again then off after 10 and stays off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club