Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Thinking About Getting A Dash Cam

Marks12

I am thinking about getting a dash can seen some decent ones on amazon for a decent price as I have never used a dash can I need some advice with what's the best one to get

Based on reviews here and on Fiat Forum - the Mobius is the one to go for!!

Have a quick search on here, there are some VERY detailed threads!!

Damn you seanw was hoping to bring the research to me but you make me go looking damn you :) ;)

Just looked at mobius there and they are a bit out of my price range

Where's the fun in that ;)

I'll give you a teaser...

I currently run a varient of the F70 dual-cam setup. When looking at this camera specifically - steer away from any that record in the AVI format. They are considered "fake"

The only advantage my cam has over the Mobius is the 2nd camera.

Costs wise - my camera was about £35 - the Mobius is about £50.

To wire it in to an ignition live source, you're looking at about another fiver for piggyback fuse and 5v mini USB power supply

Oh god anything a bit simpler than that like a plug in to the power port (which only one works in my car) I will have a look around anyway see what I can see ah there was one more thing I was thinking about getting the kooletron radio that the titanium's have I would like to get one for my zetec my friends all say I should try the scrap yards might get a cheap one there

Honestly, it's really easy to do!!

Pop out an ignition live fuse (radio is a common choice), stick in the piggyback connecter with 2 fuses in (original and new). Piggyback wire to red wire on the power supply and the other (black) power supply wore to earth. It takes longer to boil a kettle and make a brew lol

It would be easier if I got all that came to England and had u do it on useless when it comes to these things but I'd give it a shot

Have a look at my signature, I use the GS8000L and its a great camera for the price.

I installed a spare 12v socket run the cable from there all the way up the door pillar behind the seal, across the top of the windscreen and down to the camera.

Simples.

My plan is to find a mount that could attach to the passenger seat headrest somehow, if it won't block my view backwards, then could put a dash cam with front and back cameras on it. Then I'll be lazy and just connect it to the front 12V socket which only comes on with the ignition :)

Where's the fun in that ;)

I'll give you a teaser...

I currently run a varient of the F70 dual-cam setup. When looking at this camera specifically - steer away from any that record in the AVI format. They are considered "fake"

The only advantage my cam has over the Mobius is the 2nd camera.

Costs wise - my camera was about £35 - the Mobius is about £50.

To wire it in to an ignition live source, you're looking at about another fiver for piggyback fuse and 5v mini USB power supply

Mobius is now £41 for the cam and £1 for a suction or sticky mount it's still over £50 from other sellers but lowest price is always from the makers

Mark, Any old mini usb cable plugged into a 12v socket will work, no need to hard wire it that's just a personal preference as it's easy and ads a professional care free set up, no need to mess about with plugging in a 12v socket..

if you can pick an iPhone 4s up that damaged,say the sim or it cant phone out etc,can probly get one for £60.they record in 1080p so if all ur using it for is to dashcam you can fit a couple hours on an 8gb i think.or just delete them if nothing happens

We use it mounted on this http://images.mobilefun.co.uk/graphics/productgalleries/25398/clingo-universal-in-car-holder-p25398-b.jpg

we just use our actual phone though as we're too tight to buy an actual dashcam :D

Ben you do realise it's cheaper to buy a dedicated camera such as a mobius that can auto start and loop record on its own that an old iPhone for £60

Plus no need to worry about someone smashing your windows out for it

Cant find a mobius for less than £60 and none of them come with an SD card either?

This is the seller I used

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/151071891306

from another seller. £41

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/361021624458

Mount are sold separate and cost £1 each. As with any dashcam it does not come with an sd card unless you choose an cam with a sd card package, the mobius does this but obviously cost more.

I will post a link for a reliable sd card 32gb later

Read on it before,I don't buy anything from Hong Kong anymore it's usually fake copies and terrible quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Don't judge a book by its cover ben. Doesn't matter where you buy it from ultimately the mobius is Chinese design and made even if the seller is uk based. The first link I posted I think it's £42 this seller is one of 3 eBay sellers on eBay who are the makers of the mobius. They are supportive if you ever need to contact them.

Most dash cams are Chinese anyways, if you've read through that thread surely you've seen how highly praised the quality of the mobius is, built quality and video quality.

As far as I know there are no fakes of the mobius either, the first link you can't go wrong mate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club