Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga Tow Bar Electrics

Ricky4114

I purchased a new Kuga Titanium two wheel drive in September 2014, being a keen caravanner and Ford owner for many years I was sold on the Kuga`s impressive towing capabilities.

On deciding which towbar to fit I researched the internet and decided on the Bosal detachable model which Ford uses when they factory fit towbars.

For the electrics I was advised by my auto electrician to buy the dedicated Ford Kuga single 12 pin Eoro wiring loom as apparently he had experienced problems with non Ford wiring kits as the Kuga was rejecting the old hot wiring method previously used when fitting tow bar electrics.

Although this was by far the more expensive method I went for the original Ford kit.

I went to Allen Ford in Romford and ordered the parts, the main wiring loom F1859516 and as flagged by the parts software an additional part F1857031 which powered the caravans fridge and 12v battery charger whilst towing was ordered.

The parts arrived within a few days and I took them along to the garage to be fitted and was told to return in two hours to collect my vehicle, on my return parts of the interior were still waiting to be fitted when the electrician emerged and told me that there was a part missing and he could not complete the job, he had been on to Allen Fords and on closer inspection they found a yellow blob on the parts ordering page which later turned out to be a module part no F1874654.

The part was out of stock at the time so I ordered the part and was told that it could take two weeks to get hold of it, the part was ordered on the 22/09/2014 and to date 27/10/2014 still no part has arrived.

I have been onto Ford customer services, who offered me a £50 voucher for my original troubles as I had to cancel a fishing holiday in France at considerable cost to myself, as I could not tow my caravan I have since cancelled another weekend away last weekend and now I have cancelled another week away in the New Forrest with my grand children during the school half term, plus if and when the part does arrive I have to pay the fitting fee again.

From what I have been told I have come to the conclusion that this Module does not exist and has not even been manufactured, I have been told that my case is now a priority and has reached the highest level within Fords customer service.. but still no part F1874654 can be found anywhere within the Fords vast network of parts ..

Has anyone else encountered this problem.

Hi Sean, thanks for your reply, although it looks as if it should be that simple, the part number you have here does not match any of those that I have so far, they are telling me that its different for the 2014 model

So far the kit has cost me nearly £160 with a privilege ticket ... and they cant get the last module.

Thank Ricky

Sean on closer look at your diagram, this is the old style wiring loom which in the trade is referred to as hot wiring where they connect to the individual light wiring with the tow bar wiring with Scotch locks.

This system has had its faults with the new Kuga`s and now its a central connector at the rear off side wing and all the bits plug into it.

Ahh - it looks as though nobody has anything for the 2014 Kuga in stock yet.

If I get a chance, I'll pop and ask one of my local Ford dealers...Immingham's parts guy is pretty spot on!! He's tracked down a few awkward bits for me and friends