Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Buying This Advice Please

Gillsfan

Hi I'm a bit stuck my van has developed a terminal fault and I need to buy something cheap. I'm a big fan of fords having had a few so have decided to come back to the fold. I'm toying with the idea of buying this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231416515525?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm hoping one of you fine people will know exactly what the fault with it is (I realise that is unlikely). What I'd like to do is buy this fix the fault relatively cheaply, run it for a bit then sell it on and buy a newer Ford. Is there a know fault that displays the symptoms mentioned on the ad. I'm thinking that it's in limp mode, which makes me a bit nervous of buying it, I've asked the seller for more details. Any thoughts/advice is very welcome, I'm on a budget just before Xmas (2 children to buy presents for).

Thank you, yep I was thinking I was hoping for to much ☺. is it possible to get the fault codes without a code reader? I had a mondeo a couple of years ago, and I remember that there was a way of getting codes by having the ignition key in certain position and holding in a button. Is that possible on a focus? I'm thinking that injectors and or pump will be expensive?

Ignition off hold the trip reset button in keep it pushed in and turn the key to ignition position 2 test will show on the display let go off the button now each press cycles through the menu it will show dtc and the code each press of the button will show each code depending on how many there are