Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tyres - Which Is Best Pirelli, Contis Or Goodyear?

laumk7

I'm going to have to buy a set of decent tyres to go on my new alloys, but I'm torn between 3. I know next to nothing about tyres other than go for a decent brand as you get what you pay for in terms of wear

I'm using the black circles website and the choice it's throwing at me for my new 16's are:

Goodyear efficientgrip ( current favourite) £88.99

Pirelli p zero Nero ( as a choice due to brand, but not had good experience with Pirelli p6000 ditch finders) £80.99

Continental premium contact 2 (what fords usually come with as standard) £86.99

All have good ratings on the website, so which would you go for? I'm after a decent all season tyre

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

P Zeros and P6000s are like trying to compare potatoes with giraffes. They are completely different, and P Zeros are quite renowned for being a very good tyre, high performance cars came with them as standard. P6000s were fantastic when it came to wear, those buggers would survive the apocalypse, but the grip was unbelievably shocking. However, I have heard great things about the contis and the Goodyear, I think for me I would go for Goodyear.

• Like 1

Try Topcashback and look at Tyreshopper

Avon Tyres have a good following on here (me included - 2x ZZ3's and 2x ZV5's due to poor tracking lol)

I got the ZV5's for about £48 each fitted (including £2 cashback) from tyreshopper

I'm after a decent all season tyre

None of the tyres you've listed are all seasons?

If you really want to go for all season tyres, try:

GOODYEAR EAGLE VECTOR FOUR SEASON

BRIDGESTONE A001 ALL WEATHER

VREDESTEIN QUATRAC 3

TOYO VARIO V2+

There are also some Kumho, Hankooks, BF Goodridge, etc

(sorry for all caps, that's how it was listed on website I looked at - Event Tyres :) ).

None of the tyres you've listed are all seasons?

If you really want to go for all season tyres, try:

GOODYEAR EAGLE VECTOR FOUR SEASON

BRIDGESTONE A001 ALL WEATHER

VREDESTEIN QUATRAC 3

TOYO VARIO V2+

There are also some Kumho, Hankooks, BF Goodridge, etc

(sorry for all caps, that's how it was listed on website I looked at - Event Tyres :) ).

I just went and had another look on blackcircles, I also tried a few other sites and only one does one single true all season tyre - but I've never heard of the brand. So I'll have to stick with what I've got listed above, I doesn't give a great deal of choice on most sites blackcircles being the most, I think the wheels are an odd size (195/45/16)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

opeono and my http://www.mytyres.co.uk/Tyres.html are woth a look at

bought from mytyres at good prices

I've never heard of those tyres so am unlikely to go with an unheard of brand and I can't get your link to work on my phone

The only true all-season I can find for this size is Kleber Quadraxer - this is one of the Michelin brands.

I've never heard of those tyres so am unlikely to go with an unheard of brand and I can't get your link to work on my phone

opeono is website that sells tyres at very competitive prices

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest I'd go Bridgestone potenza all the way over those tyres. I've never tried Goodyear but I hate Pirelli tyres there just as bad as Continental tyres for wearing. Bridgestone's life span is much better and they have loads of grip in dry and wet.

goodyear gets my vote,(its a quiet tyre, excellent in wet ,, good fuel efficiency,see the tyre label) def not Pirelli, (suffer uneven wear)

• Like 1

Efficient Grip are my current tyre of choice.

Excellent grip and wear qualities.

I'll be honest I'd go Bridgestone potenza all the way over those tyres. I've never tried Goodyear but I hate Pirelli tyres there just as bad as continental tyres for wearing. Bridgestone's life span is much better and they have loads of grip in dry and wet.

had bridgestone on previous car cant fault them

• 3 weeks later...

I use to help myself to nero from work. I use to be allowed to buy them cheap because we fitted them to the xj and xf. But i use cont contact 5 now. Love them. Iv had liftoff oversteer twice. Compared to many times of nero. Conts are great in wet

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club