Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dpf Regen

Brigante

I'm gonna be on a long drive tomorrow for a good couple hours and should be able to maintain a constant speed.

I want to initiate a dpf regen but not sure exactly how to?

Does it just happen of its own accord while I'm sitting in 6th doing a steady 70 or do I need a low gear and high revs and sit in 3rd doing a steady 70?

How will I know exactly when its happening?

Usually it occurrs when you run at motorway speeds in one gear down from top (4th in a 5 gear car etc).

So as I have 6 gears should it just happen in 5th or would it be best to drop to 4th anyway?

The best way to regen your dpf is to get on the motorway and run your car normally until it's fully warmed up. Then as long as your above 30mph and over 2.5k rpm for at least 15mins more if you can but you shouldn't really do longer than 30mins. When I had my diesel I used 4th gear but as long as your over 30mph and 2.5k rpm the gear your in doesn't really matter. It's more about the correct constant engine temp for 15-30mins

How do you know when its actually happening? Was on a nearly 4 hour drive yesterday, mostly motorway and i still dont think i managed a regen.

Whenver i was up to speed n had my revs up to between 2.7 and 3.5k for 5-10min some idot infront would cut in front of me or suddenly slam breaks on making me slow down even though it was clear infront or i'd get bogged down in 50mph roadworks. In roadworks i dropped down into 3rd to maintain the revs n some idiot would still keep choppin me up n slamming brakes on with no need to. Was on the verge of some serious road rage down to complete morons on the road seemingly with no wing mirrors and no windscreen for that matter

My brother and I went from Swindon to Lincoln in his 2.0 TDCi Mondeo, the DPF started the regen near Leicester, so took a while to start! In his words 'A lot of black s**t blasts out of the exhaust, the car sounds like a tractor and gets a little lumpy, cooling fans kick in and stay on for the duration. It is done when the engine note returns to normal and the lumpiness turns smooth again.'

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Hmm yeah i was on road for 4 houra and it definietely didnt try n kick in a regen then. Can see why people get these things gutted

Hmm yeah i was on road for 4 houra and it definietely didnt try n kick in a regen then. Can see why people get these things gutted

Bear in mind that the regen will only occur if the car needs it. As long as you cruise down the motorway, keep the car in gear then it should come of its own accord. The alternative answer is to drive it hard and fast, and that will help generate enough heat to encourage a regen, but its not essential to my knowledge. Alternatively, have the begger removed, I have the 1.8 so dont have it and its bliss :p lol

Mine used to start the regen at regular intervals regardless of whether the car was on a long drive or high revs - it would do it about every 500 miles. I would know because the mpg would drop like a stone and the cooling fans would kick in and still be running when I get home. Now its not there any more so don't have to worry about it!

Ive downloaded forscan and i have a modified elm

How exactly do i get forscan up n running to carry out a forced regen?

Check my signature Charlie, there's a guide in there

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club