Phil 87

Torque Wrench

You'd need to know the torque settings of the wheel nuts before buying the t/wrench ? Sockets look o.k.

You'd need to know the torque settings of the wheel nuts before buying the t/wrench ? Sockets look o.k.

135nm

Those will both do, although using a deep socket is better for wheel nuts

I might get something like this then: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Spot-01540-Metric-Socket/dp/B004MT4KZQ/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1423226876&sr=8-15&keywords=socket+set

As for the torque setting, I assume the wrench can be adjusted to any torque needed?

Thats 1/4 drive up to 13mm socket, you need 19mm deep socket,

Looks like the one in my first post is more suitable then, that has up to 19mm.

What you want is alloy wheel deep socket, 19mm 1/2 inch drive, halfrauds do them, lasertools .

or amazon do some cheaper.just had a look.

What you want is alloy wheel deep socket, 19mm 1/2 inch drive, halfrauds do them, lasertools .

or amazon do some cheaper.just had a look.

Something like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackspur-BB-WR309-Deep-Socket-Set/dp/B005EXI69A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423231769&sr=8-1&keywords=socket+set+deep+19mm

I've got that torque wrench, does the job.....used it loads. You don't need deep sockets either, as you can use a short extension bar (Inc with that wrench). A tip, wrap a thin layer of electrical tape round your socket to protect your alloys. :)

135nm

This figure is only true for some vehicles.

There is a different figure for steel wheels and alloy wheels, and within each with washers and without washers on nuts... Even a figure if it has gold or silver coloured wheel nuts? And another if it's 2001 vehicle only.

Also a note saying not to use grease or lubricant like copper grease on studs or nuts even.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This figure is only true for some vehicles.

There is a different figure for steel wheels and alloy wheels, and within each with washers and without washers on nuts... Even a figure if it has gold or silver coloured wheel nuts? And another if it's 2001 vehicle only.

Also a note saying not to use grease or lubricant like copper grease on studs or nuts even.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

i was saying 135nm as the person posting proflie shows 2014 st3 so that is correct.

i was saying 135nm as the person posting proflie shows 2014 st3 so that is correct.

Where do you find the correct torque settings? I looked in the Haynes manual for the MK7 Fiesta and it says 110 Nm, is it different for the MK7.5?

I have never seen the point in 'alloy wheel' sockets, in all the years i have been removing and refitting wheels not once have i ever damaged a wheel with a regular deep socket.

Phil that's the exact torque wrench I bought got a deep socket as it's more stable than using the extension bit also puts the wrench away from the bodywork

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app