Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1,8 Focus Tdci Mk2 Exhaust

tanner88

is there anyway i can modify this> I heard people removed the backbox but ive checked underneath and its just a pipe that goes further back to another box?

No you're talking about a u.s mod where they cut the rear silencer out and attatch a flexible metal pipe between the two legal in the u.s not so sure about here you're looking to make it louder by the sounds of it in which case you need to fit a new exhaust

On the 1.8 the only silencer sits in front of the rear subframe as you have said, there is just a link pipe from there which is also the tail pipe.

So to sum it up you have a front pipe/cat, middle box and a tail pipe section (sometimes referred to as back box although it doesn't contain a silencer). On the original exhausts the middle and rear sections are one piece.

Hope that makes sense

Even though its not legal. Taking the cat out and replacing it with a de cat pipe will also make it slightly louder, makes it a bit more responsive too.

I actually thought of doing this with mine as I have the de cat pipe off my ST sitting in the garage taking up space. Kept meaning to put it on Gumtree but kept forgetting lol.

Hmm sounds good! Is this a big job? just a few bolts to undo the current pipe?

How much do you think it would be for a decat pipe? and the question is, since it's diesel would I get away with no cat for an MOT?

Cheers bud :)

Car will fail M.O.T without the cat due to emission test.

Not sure of cost either mate, just check out eBay. If you are going to get a de cat pipe, get the spacer for the lambda sensor too, helps keep the eml light off.

Easy to change the cat to de cat and vice versa as its only 4 bolts.

Car will fail M.O.T without the cat due to emission test.

Not sure of cost either mate, just check out ebay. If you are going to get a de cat pipe, get the spacer for the lambda sensor too, helps keep the eml light off.

Easy to change the cat to de cat and vice versa as its only 4 bolts.

Diesels don't need the cat to pass emissions but it might be a fail if it's not fitted now, also there is no lambda sensors on them either.

Thanks for the replies.

I can't seem to find a decat pipe anywhere lol.

Never knew that they didn't have a lambda sensor. might just have to check if there is much of a difference if any between the set up of the cat on the 1.8 diesel and ST and put my de cat pipe on.

Still no luck finding a decat pipe, not even on eBay!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club