Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Compatible ?

dwc

Ive got a 2006 Focus Titanium with the Sony single CD player which has got the AUX socket in the glovebox. My question is will this Sony CD/radio take a USB socket if I fitted one to the blank switches next to the screen heater switches ?

Look behind glove box for bluetooth module wiring, will be taped up, a thick bunch of wires will go across the beam which runs dirctly under the glove box, loom will be taped up, quite large in size the connector so can't miss it.

If thats there you can fit the module and usb, if not you can buy a retro fit loom from ford but its around £160 + the actual bluetooth unit and the USB wire

Or buy a Parrot Kit

i dont think the 2006 sony cd player can work with the USB. i have the same square type fitted to my car

Buy one of these and add an usb to mini usb adaptor.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161090469871&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=360945801485&alt=web

The switch mount usb sockets have a mini male usb and about 20cm of cable to it.

If you don't already have an aux socket I'd also suggest one of these-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=350855151929&alt=web

The switch socket also has a 3.5 stereo socket and that cable will plug right in.

If you look at my guides link I have one on fitting a switch socket (I did my usb purely as a power socket for phones but fitting is pretty much identical)

Thanks guys much appreciated

Only the GEN 3 (oval shaped) Sony Radio's produced after approximately 03-2008 do support USB.

The older GEN 1 (square shaped) and GEN 2 (oval shaped) Sony radio's produced before approximately 03-2008 do not support USB.

Only the GEN 3 (oval shaped) Sony Radio's produced after approximately 03-2008 do support USB.

The older GEN 1 (square shaped) and GEN 2 (oval shaped) Sony radio's produced before approximately 03-2008 do not support USB.

Indeed, That's why the usb music box I linked to was made available. :)

Bought the Ford music box from local Ford dealer

£40 Inc vat

Usb lead long enough to reach central arm rest.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club