Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mkiii Folding Mirror Issue (Driver Side Only)

bluesamurai

Hoping someone here can help me out with an issue.

The drivers side wing mirror controls have stopped working completely. It doesn't auto fold/unfold nor do the adjustment controls work. The passenger mirror controls are still working perfectly.

That's the issue, now some additional info.

During the winter, on the really cold mornings the mirror (again, driver side only) would sometimes refuse to unfold. After driving to work (a 15 min drive), it would be working normally again. This was on occasional cold mornings and not every time.

As it stands now, when I lock the car, I can hear the motor inside the mirror click for a second and then stop.

The mirror has managed to adjust itself to a point where I can only see sky out of it. Making driving the car atm, slightly unsafe.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Callum

Sounds like it froze, during the cold nights and you have stripped teeth of the mechanism trying to move it,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club