Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Active Park Assist

SteveGSXR600K1

Hi,

I've recently bought a 2011 Mk3 Focus Titanium, and thankfully the original owner went to town with the optional extras! One of the extras was the Active Park Assist which helps you parallel park the car. Since seeing that this feature has evolved on the new Focus, to be able to perpendicular park as well, I was wondering if any of the technology has changed. It looks like it's still based on the eight sensors. I'll have to see if the position of the sensors are the same, etc. Would be good if you could get an upgrade from the original Active Park Assist, as I never need to parallel park :o)

• Like 1

you need to count your sensors.lol 10 on yours, 12 on the new system, doubt very much the technology is backward compatable

Totally new technology the sensors are different as is the software etc etc its not compatible with the old system active park assist is already old tech now http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/168194-fords-amazing-new-tech-park-your-car-from-outside-the-car