Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

4-Year Olds Can't Cycle On Pavements??

Phil 87

I saw this one the news this morning and was quite amused to say the least: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-31805312

What do you guys think of this, especially the police officers among us? Surely a 4-year old cycling with stabilisers on a path isn't doing any harm if they're being supervised.

agreed H&S coming into it agian ....remember when you all probably played kerby?

• Like 2

In my professional opinion that Officer was totally out of order in the way he dealt with this.

It's far more dangerous for a 4 year old kid to cycle on a road than on a pavement.

I hope he gets disciplined for being so over-zealous.

If it was one of My officers I'd give them the hairdryer treatment for sure.

• Like 4

That is pathetic if that's the case no one will get there 4 year old a bike anymore if they can't ride it on the safety of a path. I certainly won't be allowing my daughter to ride her bike on a road not even the one in the estate...... Mean while in Ireland the government legalizes pills like extasy and yokes for 24hrs

In my professional opinion that Officer was totally out of order in the way he dealt with this.

It's far more dangerous for a 4 year old kid to cycle on a road than on a pavement.

I hope he gets disciplined for being so over-zealous.

If it was one of My officers I'd give them the hairdryer treatment for sure.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, he went way over the top. If it was me I would have probably just said "ok officer" just to not cause an argument, but I'd like to think that I'd get out my phone and film him confiscating the bike lol, then get his badge number and make a complaint, after putting it all over Youtube.

• Like 1

dear god... what is the world coming to...

I can understand if the young cycling enthusiast ran over an old woman, made her fall over and break her leg - then thats fine. But she didnt,,,

I know how to fix this - CYCLING PROTEST!

get all young children on there bikes and go protesting - lets see him nab the bikes then :D

It comes to something doesnt it though when he had so little to do he had th threaten a 4 year old girl :|

• Like 1

Pity there seems to be no way to stop older people riding their bikes on the pavement.

16st 24 year old - carry on sir/madam I'll ignore.

2st 4 year old - you're nicked

:-)

• Like 1

im quite surprised the officer in question had time to stop and mess about with trivial things like this,, i wonder if anyone pointed this out to the idiot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club