Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 2002

terry-1987

Hi there,

My clutch is slipping just when it feels like it. Slipped for a week then stopped for a month, then started again, so time has come to replace it as its annoying now, so what else should I replace when I do parts wise, timing chain was done at 89k and at 104k now, also I'll be doing a full service as well get it out the way again, I was thinking of a stage 1 clutch as it will be better for fast road driving and take a little more punishment too over standard,

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

3 piece clutch kit including slave cylinder, I also do the gearbox seals normally.

• Like 1

3 piece clutch kit including slave cylinder, I also do the gearbox seals normally.

Am I right in thinking a 3 in one is that a new flywheel as well

Just realised I have done 500miles since.it.first.started slipping thats very good considering its still going and only slipping every now and then

A 3 piece kit consists of friction plate, pressure plate and CSC (slave cylinder)

The flywheel should be fine, I have replaced one in the past on a car which was driven very hard throughout it's life, it was full of cracks and probably best the point of exploding!

When I had my old focus I used to find the clutch would slip for the first half mile then be fine all day after that, ampst like there was dampness on the flywheel sorta thing.

Cheers for.that yea mine just seems to slip when it feels like it. done 500 miles since first time it started. An still going. noticed if I don't put the foot right done and let it build up a little then floor it then its fine.but will just change it anyway and do gear box seals as you mention. Then least there done. I only had couple of adviserys on mot and was brake lines corroded a little front to back left and right or some thing so came up as 4 for same thing so going to replace them while at it any ideas what's best to replace them with.cheers

Can't complain, 13 years from the presumably original steel lines.

I personally prefer kunifer brake pipe, it's easier to work with than steel but more difficult than copper but much more resistant to corrosion and less likely to fracture through vibration. All brake lines should be supported regularly - more so with copper.

It costs a couple of quid more per pack than copper but IMO it's worth it.

The cheap nasty tools available are only any use with copper so worth bearing that in mind. I use a Sykes tool but it ain't cheap to buy for just one job.

• Like 1

Can't complain, 13 years from the presumably original steel lines.

I personally prefer kunifer brake pipe, it's easier to work with than steel but more difficult than copper but much more resistant to corrosion and less likely to fracture through vibration. All brake lines should be supported regularly - more so with copper.

It costs a couple of quid more per pack than copper but IMO it's worth it.

The cheap nasty tools available are only any use with copper so worth bearing that in mind. I use a Sykes tool but it ain't cheap to buy for just one job.

I be putting the car in to friends garage for clutch replacement. after I buy it. And I'll just get him to replace the lines after I buy them too. Dont trust my self around them 2 areas lol

That's what it says there so is there a decent priced kit I can buy as a whole that's decent and will do the now

post-62397-142724823093_thumb.jpg

The brake pipe just comes as a coil and you make it to suit.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club