Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Taxing A New Car???


Recommended Posts

Bought a car today, I have the v5c/2, it's ref number is 11 digits and the websites asking for 12 so I have no idea how to tax it right now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To do it online you need to have been sent the V11 reminder which will have a unique 16 digit number you can use on the DVLA website.

Until you get your new full V5C the car hasn't officially been transferred to you so you will need to go to the post office.
At the post office you need a current MOT certificate if the vehicle is over 3 years old and the V5C new keepers slip (section 10) which the seller should have given you prior to sending the V5C to DVLA for exchange of registered keeper details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To apply online you'll need either:

the 16 digit reference number on your vehicle tax renewal letter (V11)
the 11 digit reference number on your log book (V5C)
the 12 digit reference number on your New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) if you've just bought the vehicle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...