Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford Won't Allow Our Local Ford Garage To Sell New Mustangs!!!

Turvey

According to a close family member of the owners of our local Ford garage, Ford have refused to allow them permission to sell the new Mustang!

Apparently, allegedly etc it's because their showroom isn't big enough!

If true it's not a very nice way to treat a family business that have been selling Fords for over 100 years!!!

It's their product and can supply it how they see fit.

They're going to do this for the mustang, vignale and focus RS. These are there flagship models so will want the dealerships to be upto it both in volume of sales and size/quality of premises. Some dealers have had to renovate/extend their showrooms to be able to become Ford Stores, as they will be known.

Would many mustangs get sold in Orkney? Compared to a dealership in say essex.

I like the idea, makes experience of buying one of those models more special (imo) bit like the old days of having RS dealers.

• Like 2

In Manchester only Trafford is getting these cars, they're only giving them to dealerships they feel are good enough.

Surely the car doesn't need to be in the showroom to be sold to customers? Think Fiesta ST - so many people bought one without test driving it, and some probably hadn't seen one at a dealer until they handed over cash for it.

Are Ford not losing sales by limiting which dealers can sell certain cars?

Only one dealer in Liverpool was ever allowed to sell UK Skylines back in the day, no other garage in the UK had access to them.

Not uncommon by any means, still haven't seen one of these mustangs, saying that they are 10K more than the US ones effectively. still pretty cheap though by most standards, can barely get a TT for £33K

In Manchester only Trafford is getting these cars, they're only giving them to dealerships they feel are good enough.

I believe that's the Evans halshaw next to old Trafford ? They've been doing up the showroom, which marks comment above explains as I believe stoneacre York did the same to accommodate them.

As Mark said above the mustang, rs and vignale models are allowed to be sold through a ford store.

This is due to the specific dealers having to meet certain criteria.

The buying process for one these models i doubt very much will like buying a Focus Zetec

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club