Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full Stainless Exhaust System Help

Foley

Hi guys im looking at installing a full exhaust system to my new fez
1.6 petrol. Im no expert with this so im going to need some help but i
think im right in saying i want a : Full stainless, Twin Pipe, cat back

Whats best to get? I want it to sound decent but not overly loud and ovcourse any popping i dont mind biggrin.png

Cheers Guys

You want it to sound decent? You want popping? You're joking and 17, right?

I remember it well. Don't bother.

The Mountune/milltek cat back sounds nice, you won't get much popping though. I know someone with just the catback and someone with the Mountune MR155, decat and omex launch control and they sound completely different and pops and bangs a lot.

http://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-1-6-ti-vct/products/fiesta-b299-cat-back-exhaust

Ray, I bet you had a K&N and a cherry bomb exhaust on you XRtwo back in the day, terrorising every speed limit in the West Midlands. Lol

LOL, nah, t'was out of my system by then, I was 37 when I had the XR2. I did play around with the mini tho. 1100 engine, 1300 box (top speed was naff but boy did it take-off) 12G295 MG head, gas flowed chambers and ports, mini automatic inlet manifold (virtually see-through), 510 high-lift road/race cam. Ah yes, good fun tho I never pithered with the bodywork :D

The full milltek system is the best but the most expensive, if you won't get any popping but it's a good noise. The only thing is if you had the decay system you won't pass an MOT. But you can get a sports cat which will get you through.

There are other systems you can get but It just depends on what sort of money you want to spend and if you want a catback or full system.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Miltek are crap and quiet, get a Scorpion or Piper, Cheaper, better welds and noisier ( contradictory to the Mountune /miltek fans on here ) you won't get popping on a Drive by wire engine without a remap, only happens properly on a cable throttle with a decat pipe, but I do not think there are any pop and bang maps for that engine, generally for top lines only and that scrawny engine isn't really going to chuck much fuel down the exhaust anyway, but for pops you need a decat pipe, it will kill a cat pretty quick. wears piston rings out over time too.

personally rather than chuck £1k on a full exhaust system for a car worth little more than that, I'd bin it off and get a better car with a better lump and chuck money at that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club