Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace Seat Belt Pretensioner ?

polishedturd

Hi everyone

(Be gentle, I'm a newbie) :D

I'm looking to change the drivers pretensioner on a 05 mk2 Focus. I've done Corsas & Astras & it looks very similar, seat out & remove tensioner (carefully!). Is there anything I need to look out for specially.

Thanks everyone.

Hi welcome :)

Thanks for the welcome dezwez :)

Just for info, I've done it now, straight forward as expected. £122 retail for the pre-tensioner :( but the light's off now :) :) :)

Could this be my issue, airbag lights on, garage have "fixed" it several times but as soon as drivers seat gets moved the light comes back on

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It could well be. Are they disconnecting wires etc under seat in an attempt to "reset"? The pretensioner is easy to replace. Take the seat out, undo 1bolt that holds it to the seat, diisconnect wiring & swap it over. You should get the codes read, it could be an expensive 'guess" but its a common fault. My local dealer had 3 drivers side in stock, theyvwouldnt do that unless they knew they would sell them

You'll need the part number off the old unit, there's 2types & it could be either. The numbers are easy to see on the plastic buckle part.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club