Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Decent Rubber Mats In The Front Of My Mk 3.5

Linds

I have recently bought a Focus and was a little taken aback at the half-hearted excuse for a carpet mat given to the driver.

Working in the building industry there are times when I cannot avoid getting into my car with very dirty/muddy shoes ... is there a decent rubber mat I can buy that will cover the footwell properly and protect the floor until such time as I can get in and do a clean?!

Look forward to hearing.

i'd go with a set of genuine ford rubber mats - i have a set in my mk2 and they are ace and easy to clean (jetwash)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-FORD-FOCUS-2011-MK3-Rubber-floor-mats-Front-Rear-set-of-4-with-LOGO-/261520885328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ce3dc0650

i'd check the price at your local ford dealers too!

Mk 3 rubber mats are no good, I to have the rubber mat version , genuine..dont seem long enough.

you could buy some rubber and place it in but it must be secured otherwise it could potentially cuase you big issues if it gets stuck under your foot whilst driving. something like velcro to hold it down would help.

i havent seen any alternatives that you could use. removing shoes is not an option? (put driving shoes on and place muddy ones in the boot?)

You can see the issue

post-59356-0-16019100-1432212924_thumb.j

I have found that any fitted mats available all come up just touching the in-built heel pads in the MK3/3.5.

First thing I did to my car was remove the factory fit velour mats and fit these-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151186789686?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They're not too thick and fit perfectly although some of the heel pad is still exposed i can quite happily live with that.

TBH, if the mats go too far forward then there is a risk that they will impede the movement of pedals.

Extra 5 ins in length would be good,and still wouldnt touch pedal

Many thanks, Stony871, I think I'll go for those too.

That said, I agree with what Iantt says ... surely another 5" would be okay and not touch the pedals.

Sal_Sheikh, changing shoes is a must because whenever on site these day one generally has to wear safety boots. The depressing thing is that just the few paces from the boot to the driver's door can leave one covered in mud ... it's a filthy business!!

Linds

If you are near a Tkmaxx store, they sell a specific set of rubber mats that are top notch - durable, and large enough to cover most of the floor (without impeding the movement of pedals). Might be worth taking a look - all the cars in my household use them.

Thanks, Incontro ... will definitely check that out.

Linds

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club