Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rough Idle And Strange Rev Problem

Jon Bhoy

Hi all,

Ok this weeks strange happening!!!! I was running very low on petrol and had to pull in to a Sainsburys petrol station.Topped up and within about 15 miles noticed the idle was running a bit rough.Was fine before i topped up so kind of wondering if others have had similar problems . Seems it is only at idle and doesnt seem bad when driving.Also i tried revving it a little to see if i could hear anything but nothing to bad however i did notice a slight engine stutter/judder at between 2000 and 2100 rpm !!

Anyone got any ideas as its driving me mad. No warning lights or anything obvious and no codes :-(

Thanks guys.

Hi, I use sainsburys unleaded in both my cars and I can't say I've had same problem as you. Maybe as you was so low it's clogged the injectors. Try wynns injector cleaner. Works really well.

• Like 1

Morning Wayne,

Many thanks for your reply ! Oh it goes from bad to worse,having a nightmare of a morning already having been woken by an earthquake through the night i am half asleep today.Bought some of the Wynns and thought the neck was long enough to put straight into the petrol tank but pushed it in and seemed to go everywhere apart from in the tank.....ran out the bottom of the inlet etc.Can only think i should have used a plastic funnel instead.......cant believe it!!!! Ah well live and learn but will get another bottle later when more awake lol

Thanks again mate,

Jon.

Hi Jon

you have to use the specific funnel to pour any liquids into the fuel tank or it will just be a waste - i too learnt the hard way.

petrol cars have a black funnel and diesels have a white/clear one. purchase from fords few a few quid!

they look like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK2-Petrol-Emergency-Fuel-Filler-Funnel-2007-2011-/271466273098

Ford UK Part no.
if your car is a Petrol ask your local dealer parts desk for: FINIS1670446
if your car is a Diesel ask your local dealer parts desk for: FINIS1681668

from this thread: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34977-fuel-funnel/

Hi Jon

you have to use the specific funnel to pour any liquids into the fuel tank or it will just be a waste - i too learnt the hard way.

petrol cars have a black funnel and diesels have a white/clear one. purchase from fords few a few quid!

they look like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK2-Petrol-Emergency-Fuel-Filler-Funnel-2007-2011-/271466273098

Ford UK Part no.

if your car is a Petrol ask your local dealer parts desk for: FINIS1670446

if your car is a Diesel ask your local dealer parts desk for: FINIS1681668

from this thread: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34977-fuel-funnel/

Hi Sal,

Now i feel an even bigger wally.The last owner of the car when giving me the documents handed me the funnel saying he got it with the car but thought it was just a silly oil filler and he had never used it.I took it but threw it away when i got home!!! Ah well today i learned something new lol.

Many thanks Sal.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club