Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine System Fault

gers89

hi i have recently brought a focus 06 on a 06 plate tdci zetec 1.6 had the car since Friday 22nd may so just over a day and my engine system fault has come on heard a bang then lose of power managed to get home and was barely able to get up to speed i live near a few 70 mph roads as work daily use the roads to get to work the fan was still going when i got home for a round 2-3 mins after the engine had been off and keys taken out looked in the engine and when i rubbed down the inter cooler pipe the fan stopped have noticed a small plastic gromit pressed up against the pipe and there's a bit of rust but not willing to drive much till i can get a mechanic to look it over

please reply asap and no one say take car back as i have explored that option and all i got was contact warranty which is now closed till Tuesday and i have 3 days of work and no other car to use post-65734-0-83200400-1432419689_thumb.j

can you post a picture of this plastic gromit pressed against a pipe?

was the car bought privately or from a garage?

i would not drive the car if possible to avoid any further damage

post-65734-0-46798100-1432420366_thumb.jill take a decent pic tomorrow the only place im going to drive it is to a garage tomorrow morning was a garage and i have said to them and all i got was talk to the warranty provider which i cant do till Tuesday like i explained to them was hoping to take it back tomorrow so they can fix it for me

i moved it to see if i could see anything but there was alot of air coming out where that black hose plastic thingy was i called it a gromit might be something different but only thing i can see wrong there also when car starts up makes a whinning noise

so its booked in for diagnostics at 1pm today hope they have the part that has gone wrong and can fix it today or tomorrow

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club