Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus "lousy" In Älgtestet (Oka "elk Test")?

Linds

... or at least this is Google Translate's translation of the Swedish headline covering an article in Teknikens Värld's website.

The new shape Focus does not appear to have (initially) performed well in Teknikens Värld's älgtestet due to a load related problem (although when the load is reduced by 130kg the car seems to have done much better).

I don't understand the loading issue with Ford Sweden ... can anyone explain?

Linds

Is it not a case of they have tested a car around a test circuit loaded up with weight to simulate having passengers onboard?

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a bit more reading on this and thought I would post my conclusions ... forgive me if I have gone wrong anywhere but my Swedish is a bit rusty!

Teknikens Värld's älgtestet is worth looking at here:

It seems that on the first run (at 68 kph or 42mph) Teknikens Värld loaded the Focus to comply with Ford's Gross Vehicle Mass (ie Kerbweight + 620kg) ... and, as can be seen, the car performed lamentably.

They had to reduce the Gross Vehicle Mass by 130kg in order to get the car to perform acceptably well ... though it has to be said it still didn't do as well as a Nissan Pulsar it was up against ...

So this begs the question, in my mind at least, have Ford got their Gross Vehicle Masses right? Or do these need downward revision like their mpg figures?!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club