Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Lights On A Mk1

Carlos-83

Hey all sorry if this has been posted (tried to search but couldn't find what I needed).

So I've recently found out my front fogs don't work. I have the fog light switch in the car and I know this works as the rear fog light comes on when I turn it on. I've been under the car this weekend to try and find out why, turns out there is no wires plugged into the fronts. So this is where I'm stuck, how on earth do I go about wiring them in? I can't see any spare plugs clipped onto the chassis legs or anywhere near the lights themselves. Does this mean I have to make a wiring loom and wire it into the existing loom somewhere?

Any vids hints and tips but be very welcomed.

has the car been accident repaired before? if you have the fogs and the switch then i dont see why you wont have the wiring, it might just be tucked away somewhere. when i bought my car the fogs were also disconnected, i have no idea why

have a good look under the wheel arch's that's were they will be remove the liner

The wiring can be taped up in a multitude of places behind the arch liner the front under the radiator further up near the gearbox behind the headlights themselves almost all have the wiring you just have to find it usually it will be near the location of the fogs

Thanks for the replies. Now what is it I'm actually looking for? I'm guessing a bunch of wires with a plastic clip on it taped or clipped to the existing loom?

yes

Cheers all still not found them yet but after doing some digging on the Internet I've found out the switch I have is only the one click (for the rear fog) so does that mean I won't have the wiring installed?

Cars a focus mk1 1.8 zetec lx of that helps.

it was on mine witch was a mk 1 1.8 lx when I found the wire tape up under the front wheel arch's

I then got the right switch off e bay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club