Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob

f14 jmd

hi to all. my question is replacement key fobs.

recently purchased a focus on a 09 plate. sadly it only came with one key. not the push button key type either, just.... "the" key! plain and simple. when you have been used to the luxury of a push button fob, going back to inserting the key into the car door is no joke. so, I popped into my local ford dealer for a quick chat and estimate for a replacement etc. etc. and promptly walked straight back out. close to £200 quid!! jeez I nearly passed out. is this right? admittedly I didn't think it would be cheap but £200??? really?

any sensible remedies to this dilemma before I part with £200?

cheers Jason.

Ring some Auto locksmiths for quotes and go for the best deal.

£200 from Ford? Did they also tell you about the diagnostic they also insist on before anything else? (£100ish).

no, no mention of diagnostic anything. perhaps he could see the blood draining away form my face and thought better of it.

• Like 1

Yeah they don't like to mention that bit until you are opening your wallet.

They didn't mention the minimum one hours labour to do a 10 monute job either :d

f14 pm sent

Slightly off subject but I've heard that on new fords, it can take up to 4 hours to get outcode from the car and another 4 hours for the vehicle to accept the incode.

If this is true, how will the dealer charge for this ?

8 hours?!

That's a lot of tea for the techs to drink while you sit in a waiting area dying of boredom and thirst.

Im sure PATS can be done now using Forscan. ive used Forscan myself to retrofit the MK2.5 speedo in my MK2. the website it uses gives the Outcode almost instantly (and its free)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-2004-2010-new-3-button-remote-flip-key-fob-Cut-to-code-or-picture-/221429062975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item338e335d3f

I also bought a flip key above off eBay for £30 quid, and i sent the seller a photo of my current key, to which he cut the flip key off. it cost me £50 to program the key to the car. (i could have done this myself now that Forscan can program the PATS)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club