Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Window

Cahal

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help, on my Mrs car the drivers side electric window is not working,

It broke over Christmas time when the car was iced up and she decided to keep pressing the electric window button and then it dropped, presuming it was frozen closed, at the time I managed by pressing the button to close the window and my pulling the glass up manually I got it closed and wedges it in place, now the suns out and it's warming up its becoming a nuisance and she'd like to be able to open it.

Any ideas what it will be? Pressing fuse and switch are okay..

Thanks in advance

Have you had the door panel off to check all the regulator, runners etc are still ok and nothing has popped off?

No not undone the door panel yet, I've been putting it off to be honest but I'll have to face it this week do you reckon it could be as simple as something coming out of place? Or the whole mechanism is ruined?

hi,,, this may help with door panel removal.

good luck.

No not undone the door panel yet, I've been putting it off to be honest but I'll have to face it this week do you reckon it could be as simple as something coming out of place? Or the whole mechanism is ruined?

Its hard to say really as it might simply have popped something off or it could have sheered teeth off the regulator gear. Hopefully its something simple.

The wire has is loose and seems to have come of the spool, the spool is still turning but wire is all loose around it and a bit twisted up, that mean a new regulator is required?

if the wire is twisted then yes its fooked.i tried mending mine when it went on my galaxy DONT BOTHER.either buy a repair kit from eBay or source another regulator from the scrappers.

• Like 1

Thanks, will get one from scrappy tomorrow and replace the whole thing, cheers

They are usually riveted in place so make sure you take a drill to the scrapyard if you have to remove parts yourself.

This seems to be a weak point on a lot of cars - my wife's VW has had 3 new regulators in 5 years, and its only a 2 door model! Each time it is the cable which has snapped where it has rubbed on another part of the mechanism. This could be linked to the problem you have and the repair needs a whole new regulator mechanism. as above, these are riveted in place so need to be drilled out and re-reivetted into your door panel.

have a look in the guides section I had to replace mine so I done a guide on removal and refit :)

• Like 1

Cheers guys, no rivets thankfully just 5 bolts holding the regulator and motor in place, quite straight forward in the end, cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club