Zico

Which Coolant?

Can someone confirm if this is the correct coolant for Fiesta ST:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_super-plus_premium_anti-freeze_coolant_1ltr_f_1336799.htm

Noticed that my level is just at the minimum line and the car is only 2 1/2 months old.

5 litres here:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_super-plus_premium_anti-freeze_coolant_5ltr_f_1336808.htm

If this is the right coolant, does anyone know the cheapest place to pick some up?

There are 2 types not sure ingredients but one is blue and one pink.

Your coolant level will go up and down with the temperatures of the engine. When cold expect to see it at or near the low level. When hot the water/coolant will expand and will likely rise to the higher level indicator . This why the tank is called "Expansion"

It very likely if you fill it up to the high mark when cold it will expel the coolant out of the overflow pipe meaning it will be back to square one.

If the colour of the mix in your expansion tank is pink which is likely then add the pink coolant. If blue use blue.

HTH,

Yeah I remember mine one time looking a little low.well lower than max. I topped it up and few days later I looked and it was back at original level.

Forgot to say that the coolant colour is pink.

When I was filling the washer fluid the engine was warm (just driven back from work ~18 miles).

I will go out and check the level shortly (will be stone cold as I've not driven anywhere since coming home yesterday).

I got some from Euro Car Parts cheap. Probably cheaper than Ford Stealers price.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Forgot to check the level earlier but I've just been out now and it's just under 1cm below the minimum line (level with the top of the lettering that says minimum). Definitely need to top-up.

1CM below the level is perfectly normal if the engine is stone cold. Absolutely normal and nothing at all to worry about. Dont be surprised if anything you add gets spat out of the overflow when the engine warms up.

By all means buy and add but to be frank its probably completely unnecessary.

IF and thats a big IF your level is dropping take it back to the dealers its virtually new ?

Hi Charlie,

As I have already ordered the coolant I will keep it for later on. I've not seen any leaks (have checked beneath the car both at home and in the work car park) but I thought it was strange that the level is under the minimum line.

I am having to take the car back to the dealer for an on-going issue with the stereo/audio cutting out so I will probably get them to check the fluids as well (they owe me for all the issues).

As above mate it's by no means uncommon for the level in the expansion tank to go below the mark. Having some coolant on the shelf is dead handy so it won't go wasted.. I would bet a good wedge there is no leaks. Remember also if there were the fluid could drop onto the under tray and evaporate. But there won't be any leaks ...

Do you have to dilute it at all? The ford manual says 50/50 with water for my Fiesta.