Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Level Brake Light Issues

Telboy44

I parked up this morning at 2.30am after my night shift and noticed that the high level brake light was lit up in the centre very dime,looks like 1 or 2 LEDs lit up. It looks like a bad earth and will not go out even when the cars locked up. I tried starting the car and pressing the brake and then reliving it but it's still on. I ended up leaving it till this morning. Well it's gone off now but soon as I put the ignition on its on a again same place in the middle and very dim again and it it will not go off as I said before. I have took it out and disconnected the little plug and it goes off straight a way but soon as I connect it up it comes on. This is the second fault on the car in the first week of owning it and am waiting for it to go into ford as the boot lights are staying on.I am about ready to take it back demand my money back and go back to vauxhall as I never had any trouble with my vectra in 9 and half years of ownership,especially electrical faults. The car is only just short of 3 years and is a 62 plate zetec s. So it shouldn't be having electrical faults so young. Any help is appreciated as its back to ford Friday but really want to stop the lights staying on if I can.

Hi Tel boy,

Sorry to hear your having problems with your new car, sadly I to had problems within the first week of ownership (air con) however this was sorted under warranty & the dealership very helpful.

It does sound like the issues could be linked (electrical at the back end), I'm sure the dealers will sort this out on Friday if you highlight it.

No doubt someone will be along shortly that's more technically minded with some advice.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club