Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plate Alignment

gwengo

Hello peeps!

Just a quick question. I have my MOT coming up soon and my number plates were in desperate need of replacement. I've ordered a standard set (no country or origin tag or crazy fonts), however, they have arrived and they are not centre aligned? They are right aligned and where a country of origin badge should sit theres just a blank space. Surely they should have centre aligned the number, or is this a standard practice now? It's really pi$$ing me off now every time I look at it, and working in the graphic design industry makes it worse. Trouble is, my MOT is on Saturday and there is no time to send them back. Am I being pedantic?

I wouldn't worry about it. Aesthetically it may look unbalanced if the font is not centered but as long as the spacing between the characters is correct it is not going to fail an MOT. Many Alfas have their number plates way off centre and they don't seem to have a problem at MOT time.

As a fellow pedant you have my sympathy.

I've just ordered a new set of plates and you've got me worried that mine are going to be the same. That'd drive me mad!

I bought a rear plate (for a trailer) & it came centralised

Cheers guys,

This is what I'm having to put up with...

IMG_1491.jpg

1st world problems, I know!!! :D

why not a small ford or something like to level it up

Because anything in that space other than an approved Euro UK, or England sign is an MOT failure. Also the plates must be marked with the UK approvals CE stamp and the manufacturers details or they are a fail too

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club