Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Worldwide Fuel Prices

Steve

day light robbers

diesel prices in Venezuela are 1 cent per litre.. thats mad.... drive a monster truck about if it was 1p here

Venezuela is basically sat above huge oil deposits thats why it's so cheap.

Ha Ireland is finally cheaper than the UK for something

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see the same graph but prices before tax, but that would be much more difficult to work out for that many countries. Isn't tax the main thing that makes our fuel prices so high?

F.E.D. is 58 ppl on petrol & diesel + VAT @ 20% = 69.6 ppl is tax

• Like 1

bah, the old fuel debate....

government shaft us, I make a point of not looking at how well everyone else has got it as it just makes me angry...

• Like 1

now I just saw the list ?!?!?!? we are fourth from the bottom!!! the only people more expensive than us are Hong Kong who have decent electric systems for their electric cars, and decent mileage, the norwegians who spend billions on it clearing through customs and have about one petrol station for the whole bleedin country and the Netherlands who are safe to say the only country more greedy than our scabby parliamentarians with a car the size of my house, and a bleedin fuel expenses claim that rivals most landlords in London.

I knew I shouldnt have read that article, this freakin government with their brooms up my ...........................

• Like 2

Could be worse governments suck and need to thrown out especially the crooked Irish ones they make us pay for water 3 times one comes from the universal social charge taking from every persons pay package each week 2 is motor tax ( yeah a tax that should be spent on the roads but most goes on water) and then the last one the domestic water charge which will be like a bill coming in the door

• Like 1

Does anyone know how the tax on our fuel is actually spent? If it's spent on maintaining roads or benefits drivers in some other way then it's not as bad as it seems.

I dont even bother looking at what price the fuel is anymore but i only do 3000 miles a year. I do the shopping and then fill up while im at Asda. Its not like we can haggle for a discount so i just fill up, pay and drive away!

• Like 2

Phil they tend to throw it into the general coughers

• Like 1