Sign in to follow this  
Incontro

New Car Ideas...

Hi all,

So unfortunately due to an ongoing family dispute, I may be parting with my Mk2.5 Focus, and buying a new car. My main requirements are that the car must be < £9k, petrol, automatic, safe (i.e. crashworthy), reliable, roughly the size of a Focus (i.e. medium sized), and cheap to run. So obviously no german marques.

I like the Mk3 Focus, except the DCT (Powershift) transmission isn't that reliable, so that rules that out. These cars don't come with factory warranty too, as far as I am aware - not that Ford's warranty is anything to brag about. :rolleyes:

So sorry if I upset anyone in saying this, but it's looking unlikely that my next car will be a Ford. <_<Hopefully in the future I might find myself in a Mustang, but that isn't looking too likely right now, unless I win the lottery.

Currently, my primary candidate is a 2013, used Toyota Auris. These generally have warranty till 2018, which is excellent. They also get great MPG, are safe, and will obviously be bomb-proof due to it being a Toyota.

Any opinions/advice?

Cheers.