Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Advice Needed About Car Seat

Marks12

What age do you leave your baby in a infant car seat or a rear facing car seat so when do switch them to a front facing seat

It depends on the child's age & / or weight, children must normally use a seat until they are 12 years or 135cm tall - whichever comes first

Height & weight based seats have different rules

Google Child car seats the law - it's long & quite complex

My lad was in a front faceing at 9 months as he had outgrown his infant seat.

Currently he is in the Britax King II LS which is really good, easy to move between mine our parents cars if needed.

• Like 1

There are also laws regarding the deactivation of NSF airbags if a child seat is in the NSF

• Like 2

There was a recent web story concerning booster cushions.

Britax (I believe) stated that they aren't fit for purpose and should be discontinued due to tests showing kids slipping out of them on impact and sliding out from under seatbelts.

• Like 2

It's just that I put my 7 month old in a forward facing car seat and my mams friend seen this and said we should go back to the backward facing car seat untill she's at least 1 yrs old something to do with the chance of the child getting whiplash either in a crash or a brakes being applied heavily I just never heard of this and wanted to know if you guys knew anything

• Like 1

I refer you to my earlier post ( 2 )

What age do you leave your baby in a infant car seat or a rear facing car seat so when do switch them to a front facing seat

Carry cott doesnt go by age but weight,

Its up to 13kg

But my lad is now 11kg at 8 months and too long for it, hes sitting up holding the handle lol

Big debates on the milf forums about keeping kids rear facing up to 2yrs old because of head on accidents etc.

I say down with that sort of thing Ted, only thing i like rear facing is me missus :lol:

First item on next months shopping list is a maxicosi axiss front facing seat that unlocks to rotate sideways

Easier to get em in and out,

Also reclines.

• Like 1

Yes I know that a kid needs a seat untill a certain age and weight what I was looking for was the age that they can be put into a forward facing seat ha-ha

And Lenny good choice on the car seat I have that one and am using it always reclined aswell she's loving facing forward aswell so I might just ignore the milfs forum that is also why I asked here cause more of a chance of getting a sane answer here

• Like 1

The definitive answer is that the child must be over 15 months of age to use a group1 forward facing seat & weigh between 9kg & 18k

Subject to :

The child must be over 15 months to face forward in a height based seat

The child must weigh more than 9kg to face forward in a weight based seat

Crash tests & official studies show that a rear facing seat is safer than a front facing seat

Edited by MONDEO TXS 2.2
  • Like 2

Yes I know that a kid needs a seat untill a certain age and weight what I was looking for was the age that they can be put into a forward facing seat ha-ha

And Lenny good choice on the car seat I have that one and am using it always reclined aswell she's loving facing forward aswell so I might just ignore the milfs forum that is also why I asked here cause more of a chance of getting a sane answer here

Thanks for recommendation mate,

My lad wants to drive :lol:

IMG_20150521_170322_zpsdhnfnglh.jpg

• Like 3

The definitive answer is that the child must be over 15 months of age to use a group1 forward facing seat & weigh between 9kg & 18k

Subject to :

The child must be over 15 months to face forward in a height based seat

The child must weigh more than 9kg to face forward in a weight based seat

Crash tests & official studies show that a rear facing seat is safer than a front facing seat

Thanks mate ha the answer o was looking for.

So Lenny what you gonna do stick with the maxi cosi or get a bigger rear facing seat supposedly they av rear facing seats that convert to front facing seats but I bet they are huge money

• Like 1

Thanks mate ha the answer o was looking for.

So Lenny what you gonna do stick with the maxi cosi or get a bigger rear facing seat supposedly they av rear facing seats that convert to front facing seats but I bet they are huge money

Havent bought it yet mate,

But i say maxi cosi that turns sideways for easy transfer to/from seat,

But VickiW says rear facing :rolleyes:

Havent bought it yet mate,

But i say maxi cosi that turns sideways for easy transfer to/from seat,

But VickiW says rear facing :rolleyes:

I know maxi cosi is so handy its easy my mam is also saying rear facing has to be what about the health of your baby and all that sh*t :(

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club