Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod/bluetooth

Bellyflop

Hi was wondering if anyone has this problem. Ive got an ipod nano that has the function to bluetooth to my car. It searches and finds my car but when i go to pair up with it and type the number it gives me it says 'make sure ford audio is turned on and in range' ?????? Can someone help and explain. My cars bluetooth is already turned on. Can i not pair my ipod up by bluetooth will i just be using the wire i normally use? Seems a bit unfair if ive got to change the track list by guessing insteead of the controls ony wheel. 09' fiesta zetec 58plate if thats any better

Hi, you don't say which model/year your car is so it's difficult to know what bluetooth unit it has. However, bluetooth has a number of 'profiles' that can be supported. The two of interest in car units are HFP (Hands Free Profile) and A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Your IPOD is going to be trying to use A2DP to stream over bluetooth, it sounds like your unit only supports HFP. Certainly some older (non-sync) units, like the one in my Mondeo do not support A2DP. The fact that the Bluetooth id is 'ford audio' (like my Mondeo) rather than 'sync....' tends to confirm that. More details on the model/year should make it possible to confirm.

edit: I've just re-read your post and you did give model/year (must go to specsavers :( ). I suspect that an 09 spec unit is pre 'sync' and therefore probably doesn't support A2DP. You could get a difinitive spec from https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do# and entering your reg.

This thread is worth a look http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/5890-ford-fiesta-09-bluetooth-audio/

The significant bit seems to be...

If you have Bluetooth handsfree and AUX, then you have ice level 3

If you have bluetooth handsfree, AUX and USB, then you have ice level 4. Bluetooth audio is only available with this setup.

Its a ford fiesta 58 plate. She was born in 2009

Hi, Yes I realised that you'd already given that information.

I noticed your posted in the old thread

But my iphone is connected to my car via bluetooth but my ipod doesnt work

Can your iPhone stream music ? or is it just connecting as a Hands free phone

A2DP doesn't exist on factory spec fiestas with a build date before April 2009.

If you want that functionality you'll have to swap the module with BT VC high (85mt-19c112-an or later) and get a dealer to add the functionality via vcm

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club