Sign in to follow this  
chemfusion

My Rust 'repair' Plan - Viable?

I recently posted in the general maintenance section regarding some rust that has penetrated my front passenger door and has spread internally. I was thinking of doing a straight swap with this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FUSION-LEFT-PASSENGER-NEARSIDE-FRONT-DOOR-VITRO-GREEN-2003-2011-/271890615584?hash=item3f4df18d20 (Assuming the glass is still intact)

This should be straightforward right? I would transfer my wing mirror to the 'new' door, and potentially the interior plastic depending on what condition it is in (can't see from sellers pics).

Edit: It would appear the seller is listing the glass and inner panel with motor/speaker separately so I'd have to transfer ALL of the other stuff over from my own door - no point paying for these if I've already got them!

As mentioned on your other post, it is fairly straightforward, just take your time, and take photos of the layout of the existing door so you can match it all up on the new door. I cannot emphasise that enough.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP