Sign in to follow this  
Jon12345

The Ecoboost Powershift - A Little Jerky

I bought myself a 1.0 litre ecoboost auto Fiesta and notice that its not massively smooth. I've come from an old Honda Jazz and I notice a difference. At low speed, such as on a driveway, its hard to be smooth and it lurches somewhat. When accelerating its not so smooth either. Also, when using the cruise control, you can feel a slight acceleration/deceleration all the time, rather than it being a bit smoother.

Anyone else noticed this with their powershift? Do you get used to it? I asked the dealer about it and he said its like a known issue.

Thanks,

Jon

Read the forum a while back i asked the same question . You need a Pcm upgrade however it doesn't work my problem has came back . If you bug Ford enough you will get a new clutch module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is also the 1.0 ecoboost powershift model and I have had a couple of issues with it where it sometimes has a mind of it's own. Find it impossible to drive at 30 mph as it constantly changes up and down and cant make up it's mind. I did have an issue with power lag when slowing down and pulling away again and this almost on one occasion caused an accident but ford reset whatever they reset and it seems to have cured that. Something happened today that was strange though, i was turning right and as i turned and went to accelerate the box decided to stick in first , the rev counter went into the red the car lurched forward and almost put me into the car in front. It suddenly changed and was then fine from then on. The car is going in for it's first service next week and i have mentioned these problems which shall become someone else's in October as i am trading it in for a Renault.

I have just replaced a clutch on a power shift fiesta as it was jerky in lower gears as the job card put it and since the pcm upgrade and a new power shift clutch its ace. the way ford want to you to diagnose the problem is to remove the gearbox and inspect the clutch for contamination (you never find contamination) then ring ford for authority and then order the clutch which takes 2 weeks as these are on back order then fit the clutch. These have failing left right and centre mainly focuses but fiestas are becoming more and more frequent now

I have just replaced a clutch on a power shift fiesta as it was jerky in lower gears as the job card put it and since the pcm upgrade and a new power shift clutch its ace. the way ford want to you to diagnose the problem is to remove the gearbox and inspect the clutch for contamination (you never find contamination) then ring ford for authority and then order the clutch which takes 2 weeks as these are on back order then fit the clutch. These have failing left right and centre mainly focuses but fiestas are becoming more and more frequent now

Or you do find contamination , wash the clutch pack in brake cleaner as per instructions, refit it, and its 10 times worse, jams in gear or worse still 2 gears on roadtest! Then its a case of box out again and then new clutch. Grrr. !!!

And then wait weeks for a clutch. Lol

Or you do find contamination , wash the clutch pack in brake cleaner as per instructions, refit it, and its 10 times worse, jams in gear or worse still 2 gears on roadtest! Then its a case of box out again and then new clutch. Grrr. !!!

And then wait weeks for a clutch. Lol

Or that

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

After a good drive for 3 hours down the m74 / m6 to Creamfields i have to say my jerking and lack of power has gone . Still get the odd jerking at low gears but not as much as it used to the response from the gears are more quicker and it has a better response when putting the boot down . I still dont think this is a permanent fix but it goes to show a good long drive may get rid of the "contamination" that might be built up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under normal driving conditions how long should the actual clutch last on a 1.0 ecoboost Powershift Fiesta? The Ford dealer said pre 65 plate cars are possibly covered under warranty for 5 years / 100k miles but 65 plate onwards only have the stock warranty.

Clutch friction plates in theory should last alot longer than a normal clutch , as there are 2 and should get better useage than a person using a clutch. Under normal oparation and no clutch faults/mechanisms I would imagine it should last at least 150k. ( but I did say in theory !! )

Just to let use know that there is a recall on this powershift model to update the gearbox module and upgrade the pcm