Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Spewing Black Smoke...

halpw

Thanks for the info guys, had a look and got some stuff done.

Have replaced the turbo and was going to blank the erg plate but have read that the elm comes on. Anyone longterm problems with this?

Car picks up and i'm happy with the pickup but haven't resolved the black smoke. While that has decreased it hasn't disappeared.

Then injured myself playing football so left it at the garage...

And finally found out that the turbo pipe from the intercooler to the turbo has split.... yay

I need to find a replacement pipe, and i have been told that it is a ford part only, but i have seen it mentioned that silicon is a viable replacement option.

Can anyone advise on which route i should go? And maybe what the part number is?

Thanks of all the help

If you send me your VIN number, or reg will do assuming you don't have a private plate, I can give you the original Ford FINIS part number

On my last car a golf tdi the hose popped off which caused it to smoke badly and was very under powered.

I replaced my hose for a silicon one but mine is a 1.8 but im sure you can get 1.6 ones as Linney fitted one to his car then mounted an adapter to run a boost gauge.

I cant remember the name from where i got mine right now but will have a look later...when im at work

Is it the metal pipe or the two rubber ones, one rubber one at the top attached to the turbo or the one connecting to the intercooler at he bottom.

The metal pipe is known to split as well

I've got the part number for the part, but i'm having significant trouble locating the exact same one.

Here's 2 images, one showing the part and another showing the part number

If you send me your VIN number, or reg will do assuming you don't have a private plate, I can give you the original Ford FINIS part number

I think the part number is 3m51-6c646-wd

On my last car a golf tdi the hose popped off which caused it to smoke badly and was very under powered.

I replaced my hose for a silicon one but mine is a 1.8 but im sure you can get 1.6 ones as Linney fitted one to his car then mounted an adapter to run a boost gauge.
I cant remember the name from where i got mine right now but will have a look later...when im at work

thanks for the info

Is it the metal pipe or the two rubber ones, one rubber one at the top attached to the turbo or the one connecting to the intercooler at he bottom.

The metal pipe is known to split as well

i've attached some images which should help clarify which pipe it is even though it keeps confusing me.

Ive seen some with the number ending WU rather than WD but they seem to be for the 2.0 engines.

My google search skills are not good enough.

Hope someone can help

i put that part number into google and found this page:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DURITE-de-TURBO-TUYAU-AIR-FORD-FOCUS-Mk2-C-Max-1-6-TDCi-6M51-6K863-HB-1496240-/151229656503 (use chrome to translate into english) and it does says its for a 1.6tdci engine.

RUBBER HOSE, PIPE, HOSE air HOSE TURBINE INTERCOOLER HOSE - FORD FOCUS FORD FOCUS

FORD C-Max and C-Max 1.6 TDCi - NINE.

Parts of Replacement hose:

6M51-6K863 HB and 6M51-6K863-H A

Number of catalog (Ford indeks): 1496240 and 1439412
WARNING: This hose is not compatible with intercooler plastic pipe:

6M51-6C646-WB, 6M51-6C646-WC, 6M51-6C646-WD and 6M51-6C646-BAA.

Cable (or hose, hose) adapted to the turbo intercooler system or compressor:

FORD FOCUS Mk2 years 07.2004. to 12.2007.

(all kinds of body)

with engine:

Duratorq TDCi 1.6 - 90 PS (66 kW) and 110 PS (80 kW)

FORD FOCUS MK2 FL years 01.2008 to 07.2011.

with engine:

Duratorq TDCi 1.6 - 100 PS (66 kW) and 110 PS (80 kW)

FORD FOCUS C-Max Mk1 years 06.2003. - To 03.2007.

with engine:

Duratorq TDCi 1.6 - 90 PS (66 kW) and 110 PS (80 kW)

FORD C-Max Mk1 years 03.2007. To 07.2010.

with engine:

Duratorq TDCi 1.6 - 100 PS (66 kW) and 110 PS (80 kW)

Cable Dimensions:

- Inner diameter at the ends: 45/48 mm

- Wall thickness: 4-5 mm

- Length (height): approximately 400 mm

now from this i looked on eBay uk and found this:
is it the same shape to the one you need replacing?
if it isnt then does this one help? (has a diagram)
now, the only thing concerning me is that none of them pics in the links match the pic in the link you provided above :-(
i'm also struggling to find that pipe when looking at Focus 1.6 tdci engines on eBay to give me an idea on where it fits!
  • Like 1

I've got the part number for the part, but i'm having significant trouble locating the exact same one.

Here's 2 images, one showing the part and another showing the part number

I think the part number is 3m51-6c646-wd

thanks for the info

i've attached some images which should help clarify which pipe it is even though it keeps confusing me.

Ive seen some with the number ending WU rather than WD but they seem to be for the 2.0 engines.

My google search skills are not good enough.

Hope someone can help

I don't believe that's a FINIS number...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

kieran, the number he is refering to is the ford engineering number of the pipe, can microcat not cross reference that number to a finis number

Connecting hose between the intake manifold valve housing and the intercooler is what he needs

• Like 1

now, the only thing concerning me is that none of them pics in the links match the pic in the link you provided above :-(
i'm also struggling to find that pipe when looking at Focus 1.6 tdci engines on ebay to give me an idea on where it fits!

You see my dilemma?

supposedly the pipe goes from the erg to the intercooler or the other way round...

There's another code on the part, looks like 6652A but i get even less relevant results with that

kieran, the number he is refering to is the ford engineering number of the pipe, can microcat not cross reference that number to a finis number

Connecting hose between the intake manifold valve housing and the intercooler is what he needs

Ack, i'll have to double check with the garage in the morning but i think they said it was a plastic pipe connecting intercooler to the egr?

Thanks for all the input guys. I really do appreciate it.

It gives two numbers, but Ford parts desk look at you funny if you give them anything other than a FINIS number or simply describe/name the part

I didn't look on microcat at all because he 1.) Asked me not to & 2.) Didn't send me his VIN or reg

i can check on ecat monday for the part number , i can cross reference the engineering number, it will be a ford part supply unless you can get one from a scrap yard,

It gives two numbers, but Ford parts desk look at you funny if you give them anything other than a FINIS number or simply describe/name the part

I didn't look on microcat at all because he 1.) Asked me not to & 2.) Didn't send me his VIN or reg

I'll send my reg via PM if that's alright.. I thought the part number would be enough.

i can check on ecat monday for the part number , i can cross reference the engineering number, it will be a ford part supply unless you can get one from a scrap yard,

Currently have a search going on at the scrap yard sites but it is friday night...

• Like 1

A couple of breakers have replied that they have the parts and one at a reasonable price of £25 delivered.

Now i'm waiting on them confirming that the part they have matches the one i took a photo of.

£70 from ford, 1337786

Damn.

I assume that's the ford part number? I've tried searching online but hardly getting any results.

What is the exact name of the part?

Any chance there's a aftermarket component?

Thats the ford part number cross referencing the engineering number you posted on here, no idea on aftermarket one.

• Like 2

Thats the ford part number cross referencing the engineering number you posted on here, no idea on aftermarket one.

Thanks. i'll have to call them if these breakers can't get the part.

3 Breakers don't have the part, but 2 left to go...

Give focus city a ring and explain what your after, all they break are focus. There on eBay alot.

• Like 1

Give focus city a ring and explain what your after, all they break are focus. There on ebay alot.

Yeah i'm currently going through the focus's that are being broken and hopefully they'll have the part.

I swear though, i am going to be royally ****** off if WD don't matter and i could have 3m51-6c646 pipe...

Part ordered from one of the breakers.

Will update when I've received and installed the part.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club