Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

How Much Are These Dials Worth?

S-T-L-O

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me, i brought a focus about a month ago and the guy i got it off came round last week and gave me a few bits and pieces he had brought for it,

In there was a set of white dials with wires on them, he said they were made with back lighting from a ST focus?

I've spent about an hour looking through google and can't find any that look the same to find out anything about them, i don't fancy fitting them as i don't know where i would run the power feed from, but he said they just slide up on top of the existing dials.

I've added some pics below, if anyone has seen these before - any idea's on how much they are worth? what would be a reasonable price to sell them for? the only thing i did find out on google is the squar block thing with 12V written on it is an inverter that converts 12v to 3v or 4v.

The bits that it came with:

Focus_Dials.jpg

Not switched on:

Day_Off.jpg

Switched on: (phone camera makes them look brighter than they are)

Day_On.jpg

Night time close up of speed: (phone camera makes them look brighter than they are)

Night_Right.jpg

Night time close up of revs: (phone camera makes them look brighter than they are)

Night_Left.jpg

Night time: (phone camera makes them look brighter than they are)

Night.jpg

I would be greatful if anyone can shed any light on them,

Steven.

Can't imagine they would "slide over existing" without some awkwardness with the needles.... Hope someone can help you out price wise, but Yeh, maybe eBay might have some info...

I couldn't fit those if they were mine, the 'Focus' part is printed slightly skewed and it would drive my OCD nuts. If they hadn't put that on then it would be a smart bit of kit

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 2

Hey guys thanks for the replies,

I did look on eBay but i couldn't find any with wires on that look simmilar,

Was looking at Xtuners for their instructions but they remove the needles, the only way i can see them going over the needles is if all the needles were turned to the same angle like where i've put the blue arrows on the picture below, don't think i would fancy trying it though.

Focus1install2.jpg

It also looks like the Ford logo is slightly skewed too.

I have found picture of the ST dials and the backlight does look the same effect but not green, guessing that someone has seperated the front and put the white one on top

dscf2263.jpg

Thinking to put them on eBay and start them at 1p + postage just to make sure i don't lose anything sending them

Steven

Hmmm Yeh, could be really difficult driving 160kph, with 5000 rpm with a full tank of fuel, an overheating engine AND changing the dial fascia at the same time... I'm not bad at multitasking but I couldn't do all that....

• Like 1

Hmmm Yeh, could be really difficult driving 160kph, with 5000 rpm with a full tank of fuel, an overheating engine AND changing the dial fascia at the same time... I'm not bad at multitasking but I couldn't do all that....

Haha you know what i mean lol i would imagine they are the same as the fiesta where you can turn the needles round and then turn them back afterwards,

You can pop the needles off with care and a small trim tool like a forked Bojo.

You'd just need to be sure you refit the needles accurately afterwards.

Hey Stoney, thanks for that someone suggested i take the dials apart, so I've peeled the white dial off the front, back light pretty bright underneath so i'm going to see if i can borrow a scanner to scan the dials in and make it into a black dial so if i can find out how to make the symbols light up in blue I will probably have a go at fitting them,

If i take the needles off will they move round on their own like the old fiesta ones that auto turned back to the zero / rest stick ?

Ha ha ha! Good point, that.

Spent about an hour messing around with this on paint brush tonight, found the same ford logo but couldn't find the same focus one, the plan is to change the font hence the kmh is missing at the minute, but wanted to see how it would look at night so printed it out on a4 paper,

Day time:

New_2.jpg

Night time:

New_1.jpg

I'm thinking of getting rid of the logo and the focus bit and putting standard text on the rev with FORD and then on the speed FOCUS, the blue rings need some work to make it them look more like the lockwood ones.

Also trying to put blue rings around the petrol, wter, rev and speed needle holes so that they light up like the blue on the speedo/revs, maybe round the lcd / warning light holes too, final 2 ideas were moving the pertrol / water symbols to the middle below the needles and also doing the same finished design in white to see which i like best,

Lockwood:

Lockwood.jpg

Anyone know what type of paper would be best to print them on?

How much are those a set? wouldn't mind playing a prank on someone with a set like that :P

Finished the designs tonight, but still not happy with them

Dials.jpg

I think the ford and focus needs removing all together, and the KMH will it still pass the MOT in england if i remove the KMH completely? i've never too any of my cars abroad so they ain't any use to me,

Took the even numbers off the speed as it looked a bit clogged up

You'd need to knock up the meme dials to suit...

In regards to your latest dials I would lose the 'Ford' and 'Focus', drop the font size of 'x1000 RPM' but otherwise they look good.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Yup, I'd lose the ford and the focus too....

Kind of like "You'd hope you don't need the dials to tell you what you're driving" to me...

Haha definitely agree about that,

I've took that off now but developed a few problems, brought some photo card to print them on and when i was testing to see it wasn't too thick to let the light through i shorted the inverter so need to see if i can find a replacement, me clumsy ha

How are you printing them, may I ask? Just wondered as I was in the printing business once upon a time and professional curiosity has got the better of me.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club