Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What's Wrong With My Car???

daz3.1680

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find out what's wrong with my car, maybe someone may have an idea?

On two occasions this week whilst driving my 2008 Ford Focus 2.0tdci automatic the car disengages its gear then revs up to about 5,000 revs on its own (blowing out lots of smoke) then just starts driving again! It smokes a little straight after for about 2miles or so. If anyone knows what this could be or can advise me on my next move I would really appreciate that. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Torque converter letting go? I am not sure, have you checked the gear box oil level?

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

does the car show neutral when its disconnected, or still in drive?

I didn't notice that because when it was revving at 5,000 rpm I was trying to pull over due to the smoke

• Like 1

Definitely worth monitoring should it happen again matey, but torque converter is a possibility.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out that my engine had 8-10 litres of oil & a filthy air filter and oil filter. Evans halshaw did a service on it 3 months ago!! How can this be?

Turns out that my engine had 8-10 litres of oil & a filthy air filter and oil filter. Evans halshaw did a service on it 3 months ago!! How can this be?

because its Evans Halshaw!

8-10 litres of oil :o :o

Well the 2.0 engine holds around 5.5 litres of oil IIRC?

Only the clowns at Evans Halshaw could get it so wrong - Yes i have been there and got the t-shirt with them in the past regarding other issues.

• Like 1

Yeah I also find them useless and full of it.

Edited by jeebowhite
Watch the language!

Hence why I always check the oil level as soon as I get home from having oil changed at a garage. Preferably I would do it myself but time doesn't always permit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club