Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lot Of Pressure When Opening Filler Cap

Sergeantcookie

Hi all. I am new to this forum. I have a Fusion 2 on a 03 plate which I haven't had long. Just replaced the expansion tank as that was leaking coolant. And working through any other issues as and when we find them.

When we remove the filler cap to put fuel in there seems to be a lot of pressure. This lasts about 3 seconds. We haven't had more than half a tank of fuel in it yet and it usually sits around 25% full maybe a bit more. I have done a bit of research and found a few posts mentioning an EVAP valve. I know there should be some pressure but there seems to be more than usual. There is also a feint whiff of fuel so I know it isn't sucking air in.

Please help if you can.

Thank you in advance...

there should be an overflow for the fuel which may need clearing. Beyond that, there may be something above the filler neck, which hopefully you could reach from under the car and try feeling or any muck around the outside.

Where would the overflow be?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Round the filler neck

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

That little hole, if you check the underside there should be a small pipe to it, your looking to see if there are any pipes or hoses around there

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Aah right. I'll have a look over the weekend and report back.

Cheers

Well I had a look, and cleaned the gunk away from the hole, and thats all it is....a hole. There are no pipes. I am unsure how this could expel excess air from the cap as it is outside the filler neck?

Anyway there isnt as much pressure coming from it anymore (but it fixed itself before I cleaned said hole). I will still keep an eye on it though.

Cheers

The small hole under the filler is a drainage hole for rainwater etc. try looking at the filler cap it has a spring loaded device inside it, I think this is what releases the pressure mine is doing the same but have not had enough time to investigate the cap device properly

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club