Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moan/odd Screach/rub When Lifting Clutch Peddle

JoJo2222

Hi,

Bit of an odd one this so hope you all can help me.

1.4tdci Fusion on a 52 plate (2003), Runs great, gear box seams fine as does clutch bite and opperation when cold and up to warming up. however...... once and only when warm the only thing that changes is that from a stand still i get an annoying moan/screack/air rubbing noise when i left up the clutch peddle to enge drive.

As i said above all functions normally or seams to be apart from this rarther odd quite loud noise. Its definatly from the front of the car and it not linked to the wheels or brakes as ive tested this rarther crudly by coasting and using them etc etc. And only happends once warmed up.

I can not replicate this noise by just sitting in nautral and using the clutch peddle, but only by engaging drive and lifting the clutch peddle.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be as its driving me nutts

Thanks

I have a similar issue, a noise like a trombone just as you get near to the top of the pedal travel when engaging. Only happens occasionally though.

I thought it was the clutch, but when I had the car in a garage - as it had lost all power (I thought the clutch was slipping but it was actually a dodgy MAF sensor) the guy said the clutch was fine; he couldn't fault it. He traced the noise to the alternator belt.

The bearings in my alternator are currently shot so it whines all the time - I'm thinking it may be related - there could be a slight change in belt tension or something.

The noise may be due to a pulley slipping when you get a sudden change in rpm?

Hi again,

Yes a trombone type of sound is almost bang on......

My car is in for a cam belt etc change on Wednesday do I'll see it that fixes it all. I hope so as I'm a bit hard up on funds at the moment.

How did a bad maf sensor replicate a slipping clutch???

Jo

Hi again,

Yes a trombone type of sound is almost bang on......

My car is in for a cam belt etc change on Wednesday do I'll see it that fixes it all. I hope so as I'm a bit hard up on funds at the moment.

How did a bad maf sensor replicate a slipping clutch???

Jo

I already had it in my head that there was something up with the clutch 'cos of the trombone noise - it only happened when using the clutch pedal - and the car had no go to it - I assumed that it was slipping because you put your foot down and it didn't really want to go any where. Turns out actually the turbo wasn't kicking in at all and it was stuck in limp mode; I at one point got 'EAC FAIL' - however it wasn't due to the electronic throttle control but the MAF was a bit filthy and giving bad signals - a clean didn't work so in the end a new MAF cured it and it's back to normal now

I've had something similar if I bring up the clutch more 'roughly' (a bad gearchange!) than normal since I have owned my Fusion (15 months) could be clutch fricton plate I've read elsewhere. I've done 9000 miles like that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club