Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question on mk6 1.6 petrol engine

m1tch

Hi all,

My future mother-in-law is going to pick up a mk6 Fiesta, its the 1.6 Zetec model, I don't have much knowledge on the Zetec petrol engines (apart from the issues with the valve stem seals on the 1.25 if you use the wrong oil).

Just wanted to ask the 1.6 Zetec owners what sort of issues are common with them to check over - do they burn oil for any reason etc? The car she is getting is a 56 plate, I think there is a 1.6 Zetec and a 1.6 Duratec but I don't know if there were different engines fitted in the different years etc.

Any help/guidance would be great - just need to make sure the engine is reliable as its probably going to be me who is fixing it if there are issues!

The Genuine zetec engines were developed with help from Yamaha. some of the Duratec engines are rebranded zetec engines. others are completely different

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Duratec 1.25, 1.4 & 1.6 is a belt

Anything bigger is a chain I believe. 1.3 also has a chain

The coil packs like to fail and that's all I can think of at this time

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies