Do Not Sell My Personal Information

footwell lights led conversion

jaysoncole

Keep the door open while your driving? :biggrin:

I don't think there is a way to do so but IMO it would be off putting whilst driving in the dark (all cab lit up and darkness outside). 

• Like 3

Simple rewiring. Although it's stupid having them on whilst driving.. especially at night

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KAPEJVQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Buy 2 of these.  Get a dual usb 12v port. Double sided sticky tape. 

Stick to the metal runners under both front seats. Sorted. 

I did it. Just took them out thought. I sensed a rattle coming from the wire tapping against plastic, even though I ran the wire and tucked into the side of the passenger seat. 

It looks quite smart to be honest. Have a look at my gallery for a few pictures 😏

Pretty certain they stay on on my 'other' car (non ford). In fact it's got so many lights it's like a Christmas tree so I don't understand why ford don't have them on. 

Pretty certain they stay on on my 'other' car (non ford). In fact it's got so many lights it's like a Christmas tree so I don't understand why ford don't have them on. 

Are you sure you're not talking about ambient lighting? If so, newer Fords have this..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

23 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Are you sure you're not talking about ambient lighting? If so, newer Fords have this..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I guess so yes. But the foot wells always seem to be lit up. Will double check when I'm in the car next. 

I'd have thought the reflections created on the windscreen from the footwells at night whilst driving would effect your vision through the screen and if you had or caused an accident you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

this was a few years ago now but would be interesting hearing one of the police guys thoughts on this .... http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=15271

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Russ said:

I'd have thought the reflections created on the windscreen from the footwells at night whilst driving would effect your vision through the screen and if you had or caused an accident you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

this was a few years ago now but would be interesting hearing one of the police guys thoughts on this .... http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=15271

Well I put some BLUE LED USB POWERED Lights under my seats. They looked pretty good to be honest. They were REALLY BRIGHT!! 

They didn't reflect onto the windscreen at all, and they looked really smart. Good thing about those were they could be easily unplugged from the 12v port if you grew tired of them or fancied a darker cabin. 

I have since took them out though. Due to the wire rattling against the hard black plastics even though I'd ran the wire down and around the seat and held perfectly in place by very discreet tape.....

But I would have to agree with you. I'd like to hear one of the police guys opinions on the matter. 

If I have my interior map light on (especially LED) then it does reflect off the windscreen a bit. however I have found myself driving sometimes with it on by mistake somehow. But when I do turn it off I feel I can see the road a bit better so I understand some reasoning's behind something like that. Also, I realised everyone could see me shouting out some ballads even clearer than before as I was lit up like I was at the Wembley arena. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club