Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MOT next month, will this fail?

JayG90

I've got my MOT coming up next month and I've had to replace my rear foglight as someone decided to hit my rear end. Ford wouldn't fit it for my as it was bought from another Ford garage so I've had to do a boch job myself. This was last year! However with my MOT coming up wondering if it would fail. The bulb works and is fitted correctly, it's just slightly out of place as I've not managed to get my rear bumper off (if someone has a how to that would be great).

My rear wheel seems to be glued to the drum, anyone got any idea how to break it free?

It's not actually as bad as it looks!

12729070_10153531911874005_7762636443956

As long as its not iluminating white light anywhere, its fine..

As for wheel, a soft blow hammer is best for freeing off wheels, thumping the rear of wheel rim a cuopke of times usually does it, then when off clean the wheel and hub , apply some copper grease before refitting wheel.

• Like 1

It's a brand new light, so no white shows. Just not in place 100% as can't get my fingers in to the position needed.

Thanks, I'll give that ago tomorrow as will need to free that! My spare wheel screw jammed before, god knows what's going on within that car but took a good half hour to free it and a few good belts with a hammer. :/

i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if your fog lights work on your car for an MOT?

Or is this for the fog lights at the front? I'm not 100% maybe someone can correct me,

30 minutes ago, iantt said:

As long as its not iluminating white light anywhere, its fine..

As for wheel, a soft blow hammer is best for freeing off wheels, thumping the rear of wheel rim a cuopke of times usually does it, then when off clean the wheel and hub , apply some copper grease before refitting wheel.

Or very very carefully lower the car down with the wheel nuts off if it's really stuck

9 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if your fog lights work on your car for an MOT?

Or is this for the fog lights at the front? I'm not 100% maybe someone can correct me,

Fog lights work so that isn't a problem. Just wondered if position would fail it. You never know nowadays with MOT's!

It went in last year and came out with a blank piece of paper pretty much, not one advisery, lets hope the same this year haha.

Rear fog is tested as part of the MOT, front fogs aren't. :smile:

Wheels seizing on newish cars is more common than you'd think!  The problem is having two different metals which causes corrosion. 

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Wheels seizing on newish cars is more common than you'd think!  The problem is having two different metals which causes corrosion. 

As said above, providing it's red and not showing any white it'll be fine?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's what I meant! Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club