Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


power fold mirror


ninja_geezer
 Share

Recommended Posts

A very nice lady smashed my power fold mirror on my ST3 today because she could not drive !!!!

found one on eBay new ,but quick question do i have to remove the door card to change it ?

any advice appreciated .:sad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 hours ago, ninja_geezer said:

A very nice lady smashed my power fold mirror on my ST3 today because she could not drive !!!!

found one on ebay new ,but quick question do i have to remove the door card to change it ?

any advice appreciated .:sad:

Did you not get it on the insurance jobby since it would be her fault - or did she drive off? (Need a dashcam!!!) Awful when things like this happen ::angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This keeps cropping up and the answer is always, Yes you do need to remove the door card.

When my electric fold mirror was knocked off, I removed the round black rubber bung inside the door behind the mirror, removed the screws, pulled the mirror away from the door., at the same time catching the cable and plug, disconnect plug, replace with new mirror and fit in reverse. !0 minute job.

I have posted this before and no one refuted it.

Just been out to my car to check that I'm not dreaming. There is a black bung behind the mirror mount.

DSCN1419.JPG

DSCN1420.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/03/2016 at 0:03 PM, JSMarsden said:

Did you not get it on the insurance jobby since it would be her fault - or did she drive off? (Need a dashcam!!!) Awful when things like this happen ::angry:

i did get the number on my dash cam but i have to pay the first £200 on a claim plus is it worth the hassle going through insurance for maybe less than £200 for a new mirror.

they will always say its 50 /50 ect as well.i know what you mean though :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/03/2016 at 6:46 PM, karl46 said:

This keeps cropping up and the answer is always, Yes you do need to remove the door card.

When my electric fold mirror was knocked off, I removed the round black rubber bung inside the door behind the mirror, removed the screws, pulled the mirror away from the door., at the same time catching the cable and plug, disconnect plug, replace with new mirror and fit in reverse. !0 minute job.

I have posted this before and no one refuted it.

Just been out to my car to check that I'm not dreaming. There is a black bung behind the mirror mount.

DSCN1419.JPG

DSCN1420.JPG

Cool nice one karl will have a look and see.just going to have a ring round see what dealer can give me the best price for a new mirror.the blue painted part is ok .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got the door mirror fitted today ,bit fiddly and def a 2 man job (one to hold the mirror whilst the other gets the wire located)

hardest part is removing the door handle trim.used some cheap trim tools from eBay big help.just be very careful to get a buddy to hold the mirror firm so as not to scratch to paintwork...i think there was 3 torx screws and 1 bolt to remove plus the door clips.

i cut the old mirror wiring loom and used some string to pull the new loom through worked well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership