Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advise on replacing drivers side front wing on 2014 fiesta

sebwells

Had a bit of a disagreement with a bollard which has resulted in a new wing being required.

Hoping to find a prepainted replacement from a breaker or eBay. (Unless anyone knows where else I can get one without it costing the earth?)

looking for a bit of advise from anyone who has replaced a wing before.

is there a guide I can follow or could someone point me in the direct of the order things need to come out please? (Head Lights followed by bumper followed by wheel liner followed by wing maybe?)

thanks,

seb

image.jpeg

there doesnt appear to be much holding the wing on, i would wait until you get replacement wing , then you will see where all the bolts should be.

• Like 1

Wing is meant to be easy but it the small bit of window what sits on top of wing u have to cut out or something

Very easy to do, remove the headlamp first as they are designed to come out from above with just 2 torx screws holding it in and a few plastic buttons along top of bumper to allow it to flex, the bolt behind the glass is able to be slacked of with a open ended spanner from the under side and the wing hole is slotted so you don't need to remove the bolt, be careful not to undo it more then a few turns otherwise you may crack your glass, the rest is pretty straight forward

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips guys. I've successfully manage to swap it with a new wing from eBay. As Matthew said no need to remove the quarter light however you do need a super thin 10mm spanner to get to that bolt (had to borrow one from next door as mine was too thick).

Some pics mate it will be nice to close the post with pics of the end result

• 2 years later...

I'm trying to replace the front nearside wing on my 2015 Fiesta, and the one remaining obstacle is the pesky bolt behind the quarterlight. Matthew suggests it's quite easy to get at it from underneath, but I don't see a way in, and everything else is clear and unbolted.
Can anybody explain or better still show a picture of how to get to that bolt.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Just looked on Google and found this image of Mk7 fiesta, looks like you should be able to get at bolt from above. Just 1 whole turn required. 

graphic.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Thanks Ian for the pic will have a go after dinner

• 3 years later...

Hi all, I’ve got to do the same job at the weekend and replace the offside front wing on my son’s fiesta. I’ve read quite a few posts and there’s quite a bit of disagreement on how to get to the 10mm bolt under the quarter light, or whether you even need to get to it at all and you can just pull the wing forward.   Can anyone confirm the picture in the second from last post above is correct and you can get a 10mm spanner in from the front with the bonnet open?

thanks for your help and would appreciate any advice, as I don’t really want to start until I know I can get it off. 

Cheers, Damian

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club