Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 new contisport tyres and a damaged alloy !!

ninja_geezer

Had 2 contisport 5 tyres fitted today and the Muppet who fitted them damaged one of my alloys ,not amused to say the least ,the problem is the boss is a m8 of mine so its all a bit embarrassing.

especially as this is the same people who smashed my tpms valve last year...:angry: me thinks maybe i should go elsewhere next time ..

Sounds like the best thing is to go elsewhere next time! How bad is the damage? Are they sorting it out?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CookieM said:

Sounds like the best thing is to go elsewhere next time! How bad is the damage? Are they sorting it out?

not really bad but will need a wheel respray  !! and yes its booked in on the 11th of april at a decent local paintshop.

• Like 1

Some garages out there aint got any respect for peoples cars or should i say some people.

• Like 1

Can fully sympathise. I worked for a few years on the periphery of the motor trade and 'good' garages/employers were pulling their hair out with the chronic shortage of conscientious, intelligent, reliable caring mechanics. The stories they told me would make you utterly despair. So what chance good fitters? Okay before anyone shouts at me; yes there will be some very good ones out there, a few, somewhere about, a rare breed close to extinction so it appears though? I utterly cringe at just the thought of paying a visit to a tyre fitters, I do not have the confidence or blind courage to put my trust in them as our families cars have all too often in the past been damaged, for example: jacked-up via floorpan reinforcement 'ridge'....not a structural chassis member - major damage; perfectly perfect wing dinted/scratched. How they heck they did it remains a total mystery; clipped bumper backing out of the bay - two for the price of one with that one are the three worst I can recall. My ContiSport 5's need rotating but I might just wear out 2 at a time as I don't posess the faith that they can handle such a complex job! Pathetic situation really when you think about it but its a multi-thousand pound hard-earnt possession we are talking about, not a £24.95 kitchen kettle. Would more often than not get better care/service of the latter come to think of it!

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me at all, there are loads of poor tyre fitters about lol.  I'm guessing yours are low profile as well which are more difficult to fit admittedly.

Other thing that annoys me is hammering wheel weights on the face of an alloy!!  It looks awful and ruins the paint...  They have stick on ones so there's no excuse really!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club