Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


The ST has gone


The Dark Knight
 Share

Recommended Posts

End of an era. The ST has been handed back to the dealer today and will soon be on sale there. I am currently without a car until the garage I have been liaising with can find me a Golf that I have decided to go for. I'll give him until the 9th before I start looking elsewhere but I always google the dealers on autotrader to see what reviews customers have left.

The settlement that the dealer has paid Ford credit is £9.6k. So, place your bets, what will the dealer put it up for? Its an ST-2 with style pack in race red. 14 reg with 10.8k miles on the clock and 1 service carried out last year at that dealership.

I'll post a link to the advert once I notice it on there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

My guess, £11,995.

Why would you want to swap an ST for a Golf though!?!?!

I'm going older for cash as we discussed in that insurance topic a while back. As much as I have enjoyed the ST, I won't miss the bone shattering suspension around town and over bumps etc. Looking forward to creature comforts and no finance now. I thought about a Focus but I've been there before and decided to have something different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Well here it is for sale if anyone wants a well looked after ST. £11,945 in the end so Alex was very close with his guess

http://www.geoffcox.co.uk/car-sales/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-fiesta-16-ecoboost-st-2-3dr-hatchback-red-manual-petrol-ID_13179882660.aspx

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Seems a low price you got there. I got my 13plate White st2 with 17600 on the clock valued last week as I was going to switch to a Focus st2. Was offered £10950 trade in with a sale price £12990 the sales man told me it would go up for. Only reason I didn't go for it is the Focus was on a 15plate with 18150 miles on clock. I didn't want so high mileage on an 10month old car and they couldn't find another with that spec on sale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, StevenST13 said:

Seems a low price you got there. I got my 13plate White st2 with 17600 on the clock valued last week as I was going to switch to a focus st2. Was offered £10950 trade in with a sale price £12990 the sales man told me it would go up for. Only reason I didn't go for it is the focus was on a 15plate with 18150 miles on clock. I didn't want so high mileage on an 10month old car and they couldn't find another with that spec on sale. 

The £9.6k was the GMFV on the finance and what I would have had to pay to keep the car. The dealer paid that amount to Ford credit in order to put it on their forecourt. If I had been in a position to continue finance and wanted to part chop, I dare say the dealer would have offered around the figure they offered for yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

I'm looking at a Mk5 1.9TDi in Match spec. Prob 2008

Golf's are great cars but you'll lose the fun factor from a Fiesta ST if you don't get one with at least a turbo.

I understand you want more of a practical car now and I completely understand and respect that decision, honestly. Could you not look at getting a MK6 (2009) Golf onwards by the way? Just my opinion but I find the MK6 to be practical in all respects, my brother has the MK6 Golf TSI and honestly it's a perfect all-rounder.

Just my 2 pence, I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you. :)

P.S. Your ST is in mint condition. I think you'll like a Mk6 over a Mk5 IMHO as the Mk5 is starting to show it age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There aren't many Mk6 around for my budget and those that are seem to be S spec which is not what I want. The odd one that is SE, is high mileage for the age. I'm giving a local dealer until next Saturday to find me one or I am off to look elsewhere. He's been looking for a while but to be fair, I have moved the goalposts a couple of times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

There aren't many Mk6 around for my budget and those that are seem to be S spec which is not what I want. The odd one that is SE, is high mileage for the age. I'm giving a local dealer until next Saturday to find me one or I am off to look elsewhere. He's been looking for a while but to be fair, I have moved the goalposts a couple of times.

Ahh I see, no problem. It's all up to you of course. How about this by the way? I've only done a quick look around and not looked at the details.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603121893057?make=volkswagen&model=golf&radius=40&maximum-age=up_to_7_years_old&sort=default&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&price-from=3000&search-target=usedcars&page=1&price-to=8500&searchcontext=default&postcode=DE21%207TF&maximum-mileage=up_to_30000_miles&logcode=p

All the best.

Disclaimer: I am no way affiliated with AutoTrader or the seller, I cannot vouch for the car being sold. I only did a search on the site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2016 at 6:08 PM, alexp999 said:

Yeah but a golf? :(

Have you ever driven a DSG golf R ?? awesome bit of kit makes my little STfeel like a wheelchair lol  ....that is my next car in dec hopefully.

went out in my cousins last week got back to back 4.4 0-60 measured (vbox) not bad brimmed full tank 2  up and 1100 miles on the clock.

the suspension is fantastic so is the build quality...£34K for his spec though so in another league i suppose to be fair..also wiped the floor with the new RS Focus from a standing start..roll on dec :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Obnoxious said:

Ahh I see, no problem. It's all up to you of course. How about this by the way? I've only done a quick look around and not looked at the details.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603121893057?make=volkswagen&model=golf&radius=40&maximum-age=up_to_7_years_old&sort=default&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&price-from=3000&search-target=usedcars&page=1&price-to=8500&searchcontext=default&postcode=DE21%207TF&maximum-mileage=up_to_30000_miles&logcode=p

All the best.

Disclaimer: I am no way affiliated with AutoTrader or the seller, I cannot vouch for the car being sold. I only did a search on the site.

Thanks but I've been informed by someone who knows his stuff that the 1.4 TFSI is a bit iffy on the reliability front. I'm going diesel this time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ninja_geezer said:

Have you ever driven a DSG golf R ?? awesome bit of kit makes my little STfeel like a wheelchair lol  ....that is my next car in dec hopefully.

went out in my cousins last week got back to back 4.4 0-60 measured (vbox) not bad brimmed full tank 2  up and 1100 miles on the clock.

the suspension is fantastic so is the build quality...£34K for his spec though so in another league i suppose to be fair..also wiped the floor with the new RS focus from a standing start..roll on dec :smile:

I just find VWs a bit boring that's all :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I just find VWs a bit boring that's all :)

Like i said drive the R with DSG then come back and say its boring !!!

it may look very tame ,sedate but a definite wolf in sheep's clothing ,that's why so many ? M3 owners are going to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not just how it drives but the whole package and I just don't like VWs.

They look dull and there is an undeserved (imo) snob value to them.

I appreciate we all like different things, but seeing as we have a common interest on here I was just a bit surprised about a switch from an ST to a golf. As long as you like the car your in that's the main thing. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership